Hp Envy4500 Stopped Scanning

Discussion in 'Software' started by chrysler_jerry, Nov 17, 2017.

1. chrysler_jerry

chrysler_jerry Private E-2

I have an envy4500 all in one printer scanner. During a recent windows 10 update, I lost my scanning capabilities. I can print, but not scan. I tried to reload the soft ware from HP. Did not work. I ran a scan doctor by HP and it stated I did not have the driver. I ran a program called direct driver, and that go back my scanning, until I rebooted the system. Then the scanning stopped again. I reran direct drive but this did not help at all. I then Updated windows 10 with release 1709. still no help. I have tried to reload the software from HP that contained the driver software for that printer/all in one. I did it three times. No luck. Hp does not have any solution they just tell me to download the software and try to install. That did not work again. I did notice that when I try to scan it states 32 bit. However when I look at system Info I am running windows 10 64 bit. I have also included a screen print of my drivers and the devices from device manager. Please help I am at my witts end. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Attached Files:

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

chrysler_jerry...you might get better answers, but have you considered trying system restore to a time before the update? Might also be a good idea to note which updates were installed just before the scanner went out. Maybe you can identify the one that caused the problem and then block it from being reinstalled (think this is still possible on W10 Pro if you are using that version)...

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

First of all, your attachment is a totally blank TEXT document. It's not a screenshot.
    Here's how to take screenshots:
    https://forums.majorgeeks.com/threads/taking-screenshots.26019/

As for the Printer driver issue, if it was my system I would first do a total and clean uninstall of all HP printer software using a program such as IoBit Uninstaller in its 'powerful scan' mode, or Revo Uninstaller Free in its 'advanced' scanning mode.
    Then RESTART the system.
    Now download the latest Windows 10 64bit adjusted HP Software from here:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...l-in-one-printer-series/5304875/model/5304876

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds