Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheRealGEEK, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TheRealGEEK

TheRealGEEK Private First Class

Hey Guys,
    Today I came home and started up one of my newer computers and started programming and browsing the internet. When I launched Safari (after DOSBox, and Notepad and several Windows Explorer windows), My screen went black and the computer restarted. It went through the post and at the end of post it halted my system with the error message "A Hyper Transport sync flood error occurred on last boot.; Press F1 to Resume". This is the first time I have gotten ever (I got the mobo in April 2011). I know all the components are good and all of the voltages and speeds are at stock (except for the DRAM voltage which is set at 2.10). Any Suggestions?

POST Pictures attached
    System Specs:
    MSI 785GTM-E45 Mobo
    AMD Phenom X4 9750 at 2.40 GHz
    2x WD Caviar Blue Drives in RAID 0
    WD Caviar 250GB IDE Drive
    380w Antec Earthpower Power Supply
    Antec NSK4480B Case
    4096MB Corsair XMS2 1066MHz RAM (running at 800 w/ 4-4-4-12-16-1T timings)
    Zalman CNPS9700NT Cooler
    No expansion cards

Attached Files:

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Are you still unable to boot? The HT link is the AMD equivelent of your FSB. I have never heard of this message but it sounds like something has hammered a massive amount of data down the HT link which means that your system cant operate. If you press F1 to continue will it boot to Windows?

3. TheRealGEEK

Yes, if I press F1 and I can boot and do normal tasks.

By the way my OS is Windows Vista SP1

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Change the CMOS battery. When you get a message to press F1 or possibly F2 to enter setup, it means the BIOS settings are lost and it is using the defaults.

5. TheRealGEEK

All of my BIOS settings were preserved when this error occurred.

6. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Do you have to press F1 every time to boot or was it just the one time. Like I say it sounds like something threw a lot of data down the HT link. By saturating the link you cant get any data to the rest of the system so it bails out.

Not sure why you are getting the F1 message unless as Plodr says your CMOS batery is flat. Unless you have manually reconfigured BIOS settings your system will autodetect the default settings on every bootso they may appear the same as before but that is just co-incidence.

I suspect that (assuming your PC works fine once booted) the HT flood was a one off and your CMOS Battery needs replacing to clear the F1 error

7. Ozymandius

Ozymandius Private E-2

Don't know if this helps, but I get the same error when my PC overheats. When I remember :) to open the front door on my desk for good airflow, no problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds