I hate roaches!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Insomniac, Jan 19, 2006.

1. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

And licking his... well, yeah, we get the picture. ;)

2. tester36

tester36 Private First Class

you would not believe it but there are snipe in ALABAMA and we hunt them with friends but only really good friends the best thing to do in ALABAMA though is coon hunt cook sausage and eggs on the fire with cowboy coffee and when you get your coon go home and clean it boil it in red pepper and make hash and eat it yumm. I let our friends dress and cook the snipe so you would have to ax them about that process.:eek: :eek:

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

That's a shame.

Got a webcam? :D

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Maybe your rid of the little buggers, hope so. ;)

Steve

5. G.T.

I assume you shop here, yes?
    http://www.snipehunter.com/

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Hmmm. You must have mistakes this board for www.majoridiots.com. ;)

7. G.T.

Snipe, uhhhh... hunting... is a big secret in the South. They don't think anybody else knows about it. ;)

8. quirk

quirk Corporal

lol
    i'd like to report a dead link..............

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'll refrain from the comment I was about to make.

(It was in jest. :D :p)

10. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

This is one appetizing thread. I hate roaches with a passion Spider and snakes dont faze me. But I am deathly afraid of wasps (the paper nest kind). This stems from a childhhod confrontation with them and it gets worse as I get older. But those filthy roaches are the worst things in a house (my exception are those red wasps). If a wasp gets in the house I leave and call my daughter.

Jack

11. tester36

:eek: :eek:
    HAHAHA,
    We really do hunt snipe in the south but I don't shop the web site but mostly we use snipe hunting to get someone in the woods that normally would not go, but I do love to hunt just about anything, and we do eat coon and deer meat too, and I do love to come here and socialize with ya'll(some times aggravate)
    steph:)

12. G.T.

I suspect there's very little real snipe hunting, since snipe is a shorebird that feeds by sticking it's long beak into the mud to find it's food. Found along riverbanks and muddy wetlands, not in the woods. And while you may be able to shoot one, you'll never catch it in a sack.
    http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/hunting/migratory_birds/snipe

13. tester36

WE HATE ROACHES in south alabama
    Hey GT our snipe don"t have bills and we hunt them at night with sticks not sacks. Mostly my male counterparts hunt them to impress their girl friends.
    steph:confused: :eek:

since you are single and from Miss maybe you have been?

14. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

talking of hunting things....we have got pigs. they wander through morning and evening. they seems to be increasing in numbers. they are big and black and they have large curved tusks. i need to build a pig trap. preferabley to catch the babies. 1) coz they would be easier to kill, 2) suckling piggy...oh yummy. any tips from those pig hunters amongst you would be apreciated. didn't get a lot of wild piggy in gillingham, kent, so its kinda new teritory. aloha

15. G.T.

'fraid not. I'm not FROM Mississippi, I'm a carpetbagger. :D Lived in the Chicago area all my life, moved to Memphis 5.5 years ago for a job down here, bought a house 4 years ago just over the state line from Memphis in Mississippi. I've got several avid hunter friends, everything from dove to deer hunting... no snipe.

16. Insomniac

Sorry to interrupt you little lovebirds, but I think I know what caused my roach invasion.

Apparently, my nosey 85 year old neighbour told me that my neighbours (on the other side) had a pest guy under their house spraying!

So the roaches then thought my place was the United Nations Refugee Asylum.

Not only that, but their useless cats keep killing native birds and leaving their maggot ridden carcasses on my beautiful back lawn.

This means war!

17. G.T.

Hey, what do you think this is, your thread or something? :D
    Conventional or biological? :eek:

18. Sorry bout that isom. I cant be right all the time. With the roaches though... they move from house to house like that just like al queda move from moutain to moutain when it is blown up :D . As for war, i say put up a nice big fence to keep the cats out of the back yard.

-the new tech guy

19. Insomniac

Why should I have to put up a "nice big fence"?

I own my house, they are tenants.

I've lived here for over 20 years, they have just moved in.

Anyway, unless it's a 30 foot metal fence, their cats will climb it.

I have done the neighbourly thing and asked them nicely.

So now, when their cats have gone M.I.A, they can't say I didn't warn them.

I love most animals, but I hate cats, and their idiot owners.

It's up to pet owners to control their animals, not up to everyone else.

20. True. We got a dog in my house that has 2 3-foot fences on the side and he is a boxer and size to fence he could jump the thing any day but for some reason he has a real shy nature and doesnt. I think its cause we got him from a rescue and he well...had a tougher life where he used to live. Anyway i thought maybe if you put up fences you keep the cats out, thus no dead birds. Hey they go missing, not your problem. Its the owners problem.
    -the new tech guy

21. tester36

Hey Insomniac,
    maybe if you put out poison then come to alabama snipe hunting when you get home the cockroaches will be gone. lol :confused: :) :eek:
    steph

22. Insomniac

I never said anything about poison.

I have better than that leftover from my working with animals days. I knew it would come in handy. :)

When I went to tell these feral idiots about their cats, I knocked on their front door, and their 5 year old daughter opened the door and invited me in.

And she was in the nude, and I'd never met any of them before!

Some people are a waste of oxygen.

23. Insomniac

My worst roach incident was as follows,

A few years ago, I was lying in bed and trying to sleep.

I wasn't in a deep sleep, so I felt something tickling my face, and brushed it away.

When I got up the next morning and went to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and noticed a coackroach leg on the corner of my mouth.

EWWWWW! I could even see the little spikes on the roaches drumstick.

They also eat your dead skin cells when you are asleep. YUK!

24. G.T.

Women pay money to have dead skin removed. Maybe you could raise and train them and go into business. :D

25. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

They do?:eek: Gee...just goes to show I'm still not one of the in 'crowd'.:( *crawls back into her corner*

:p

26. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

AMEN. It's not the animals fault, it's the idiot owners. :)

Steve

27. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

AMEN. It's not the animals fault, it's the idiot owners. :)

Steve

28. tester36

Hey Insomniac,
    I had a cat that ate roaches one time, maybe you could train the roaches to go to your raunchy neighbors house and there cats will kill them? Oh no you didn't say poison I did, we put out poison here or they carry you away from the fields around the house and such they even live in the oak trees here.:eek: :eek:
    tester

29. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

We sure do...divorce is so expensive though :p

30. Hey i just cleaned out the downstairs keyboard with some good old compressed air and i swear jimmy hoffa got blown out cause so much food came out im gonna start seing roaches in it lol. That computer i think is my sisters hangout/lunchtable/place where mom does the bills. If i find jimmy hoffa down here or raches im blamin the keyboard!
    -the new tech guy

31. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Hehe ,
    Just caught myself trying to look between and under the keys!

32. Lol its cause my little sister eats over it so much.
    -the new tech guy

33. Anon-b946935a51

Anon-b946935a51 Anonymized

For anyone who hates roaches, Move to IDAHO, we don't have them! I lived in Orlando and I hate roaches. One thing I leaned at my mother in laws hous e in south Georgia, don't get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, or get a drink. That's when the roaches came out to party. Have ypu ever seen the movie Joe' Apartment?

34. Insomniac

You only think you don't have them in Idaho. You just don't see them, but they are there.

Every house has them, regardless of how clean it is.

35. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i never saw a cockroach in england.

36. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Nor me...they have gurt big beetles though.....great with sweet & sour :p

37. Insomniac

Buckingham Palace has roaches. :)

38. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Only after one of it's wild parties :p

39. Insomniac

Aren't Harry and Charles roaches?

They fit the criteria, annoying, disgusting, smelly, disease ridden, useless and disliked by most.

40. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

oiy, insult your own...oh thats right you dont have blue bloods in ausie.

41. Ok i havent seen a single roach in jersey yet:) Even in our school that is dirtier than anything else. Philly has plenty of waterbugs though.
    -the new tech guy

42. Insomniac

Oooh, hit a sore spot. So you're a royalist laurieB?

Actually, we have royalty, Dame Edna. :)

Apparently some dude that lives in Queensland or somewhere is supposedly the true King as he is a descendant of the royal family.

Personally, I think they are a waste of money and effort, and go against everything a democracy stands for. (even though I voted for Australia to remain in the commonwealth)

They are no better than anyone else, so why should they be treated differently?

Imagine using all the money spent on them for health care etc?

43. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

no, im not a royalist. just funnin with you. i quite like the fact that england has royalty though, and the income from the tourists they attract makes up for the money they cost. their personal wealth is not so great on todays scale of things (think bill gates etc.)

44. Insomniac

It doesn't make it right though.

They are just normal people, they aren't super human, and don't deserve special treatment just because of which family they were born into.

That goes against what democracy stands for, everyone should be treated equal.

As far as the tourist money, it doesn't come close to the money spent on them. (think of security, staff, wages etc etc)

Anyway, if you check history, a lot of these royals were descendants of high ranking families, that only took the throne when the encumbered died and there were no children that could do so.

King Henry (Harry) for example.

45. Well if you think about it I personally think the monarch thing in England is more of a tradition because now they have a modern parliment that is very similar to that of a democracy and the king and queen really dont have much more power than the average citizen of the country.
    -the new tech guy

46. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

I have no pity for cockroaches, I want to mass murder them all.

If there is a cockroach in my room and i don't catch it, i won't be able to sleep, or else i'll sleep in another room. I have spent many nights sitting on my bed with a shoe in my hand, looking around for 30 minutes until I finally found and killed it. i am roach killer hear me roarr!

47. Insomniac

Where do you get your information from?

United Kingdom is a democracy based on the Westminster system of government.

As far as the Queen, off-course she has more power than the average citizen.

She actually sacked the elected Prime Minister of Australia in the 70's, and is technically the head of state here, so how do you figure she doesn't have power?

I can't sleep if I see a roach in my room either. I either have to kill it, or sleep in another room.

Lucky I have a 3 bedroom house to myself. :)

48. That is why i said it is SORT OF a democracy because she does have more power than the average citizen and well my info comes from me paying attention in history class but i am not perfect unfortuneatly. You seem to know more on the subject than i. But as for roaches never had one in jersey although we have more trash and toxic waste dumps in the southern end than we know what to do with and i would not be surprised if one starts glowing green from the toxic waste one day lol.
    -the new tech guy

49. Insomniac

Monarchy are useless and a waste of money. (technically, they are the highest in the country, higher than a President or PM)

Just because it's a tradition doesn't mean it should be continued indefinitely. People move forward.

I think roaches and royalty have a lot in common. :)

50. BigBill

BigBill Private E-2

I was born in So. FL. before DDT. Hunted in the Glades for years. We would team up a dozen or so Palmetto Bugs, your LARGER variety of cockroaches, and use them to pull trucks out of the mud!

or something like that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds