I lost Kiwi

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shiver Me Timbers, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers MajorGeek

I like birds, but I wouldn't want to own one. I wouldn't want the responsibility.

2. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

That's what my husband said about me :D

Hmm, funny how the theme of this thread played out ;)

And with that,
    Goodnight one and all,
    see you tomorrow :)

3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Apparently in their natural state, they are all the green color, whith the yellow face. All the rest are mutations! :eek:

4. Shiver Me Timbers

Can they mutate a bird?

5. Phantom

Sure! ....Ever watched Sesame Street? ;)

6. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Just a matter of selective breeding. The genes are there in the gene pool, but in the wild, the greens are a camoflage survival factor, which gets reinforced.

7. Shiver Me Timbers

hmm, almost sounds like you can put a specail order in for a bird and have it served your way.

8. Phantom

Yeah, bright blue, yellow or white birds in green flock wouldn't last too long.

Welp, it's gone 2:00p.pm. here. I'd better get back to work.

...Good night/day, all! :)

9. G.T.

Goodnight. :)

I've got some paperwork that should get done before tomorrow, so I should bow out as well. Later.....

10. Shiver Me Timbers

Goodnight Phantom.
    Goodnight GT.
    Goodnight lostkiwi.

11. G.T.

Within limits, and if you're very patient. Both cauliflower and broccoli are derived from the same plant, thanks to selective breeding by farmers. But you won't get a tomato from that no matter how you breed them. ;)

Pure-bred dogs are all genetically derived from generic "dog", and survive only because their owners are careful not to mix their genes back into the common gene pool, which would return them to "mutts".

12. Shiver Me Timbers

Well it sure beats adding hair dye to them. That would have been my solution to changing their colors.

13. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

hahahahahah :D

14. G.T.

Dying them is easy. Just grab them by the beak & dunk 'em. :D

15. Phantom

Grab their beak for long enough and they turn blue - and their eyes go red. Mind you they don't fly a lot after that. :rolleyes:

16. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

one of the joys of living in a place with no predators. our budgies are multicolored. aloha

17. G.T.

And probably wild. In Chicago, if they'd survived alley cats and bigger birds, they'd have frozen to death in the winter. House pets only.

18. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

19. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

and yes wild GT. by the airport theres hundreds og them. awesome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds