I have put at least 20 hours into this laptop. I'm not crazy tech savvy but here's what's going on... Dell inspiron 1501 decided it couldn't read the battery one day. "Battery not identified" on boot up. When I look at the battery icon it says "Plugged in, Charging" except it's not charging. The day before I could get 2 hours off this bad boy so I doubt it just died all of the sudden. The cable looks great too. I can only run it off the AC. As soon as I disconnect it, it dies. I tried flashing the bios, computer froze, and I learned the hard way why you don't restart mid flash. Bought a new motherboard and installed it all myself. Upon loading, same problem. I tried to flash the bios again but this time got an "error code - 144" I read about removing the battery so the computer runs on AC to flash and that working. I tried removing the battery, uninstalled the battery driver so it had to run on AC, and the fact that it was working and the battery symbol showed it having a plug means it's running on AC. Nothing. New motherboard, can't flash the bios. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I'm going insane. Thank you.