1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Kubuntu On RAID

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mada_Milty, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Hi All,

I've been trying to install Kubuntu on my RAID 0 system, but have not been able to get the Kubuntu installer to recognize they array; it only sees two hard drives.

I assume I have to provide drivers for my RAID controller (identified as a nForce4 serial ATFA RAID Controller in Windows device manager).

Do I have to further identify the controller to select the right drivers?
    Assuming I can find the drivers, how do I supply them to the Kubuntu installer?

TIA for any input,

Milty

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Okay, so I've found this tutorial for installation.

Seems like I need to install dmraid into the live CD environment.

3. Assembler

Assembler Private E-2

you will probably have to edit your kernconf file and add raid support in it. then rebuild and install the new kernel.