1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel 82801IB ICH9 driver problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by folktastic, Dec 31, 2008.

  1. folktastic

    folktastic Private E-2

    Hey, i recently reformatted and am having a lot of trouble finding an audio driver that works. My audio adapter is an Intel 82801IB ICH9, and the codec is RealTek ALC888.
    Im pretty sure it is on-board sound, and made sure it was enabled in the bios before posting.

    my motherboard is an intel G33 (bearlake-G) + ICH9R

    Thanks for your help, Mike.
  2. dlb

    dlb MajorGeek

    You didn't tell us which version of Windows you're using, or the make and model of the motherboard. With limited info comes a limited answer.... here are links to your audio drivers:
    RealTek Hi-Def Audio Driver for Windows XP
    RealTek Hi-Def Audio Driver for Vista
    Install your chipset drivers before installing the audio drivers....
    Intel G33 Chipset Software for Windows XP & Vista

    If this doesn't restore the audio, please attach an Everest report to a future post:
  3. folktastic

    folktastic Private E-2

    Sorry about being vague in the first post. Sometimes doing computer work can be frustrating.

    But back to the problem, the drivers provided did not give me audio. My computer is a dell vostro, and its service tag number is 1TL97G1. I tried getting my drivers through the dell website but the audio driver it provided for my computer did not work either. I also tried Google, but none of the drivers I tried using the info from Everest worked. Onboard sound is still enabled in the bios and my bios are up to date. Also, im running windows XP Pro.

    Im really at my wits end here trying to get this to work, so any help is appreciated. Also, the Everest report was too big to post in one piece, so i broke it into two which are attached below.

    Thanks again for the help, Mike

    Attached Files:

  4. dlb

    dlb MajorGeek

    You probably need to install KB888111. It's the Microsoft UAA Update for hi-def audio. However, it doesn't work smoothly with SP3. You have to 'trick' SP3 into thinking that it's SP2. First, download the KB888111 update from this direct link. Then follow the steps in this thread to temporarily trick SP3 into thinking you have SP2. Follow the steps exactly as they are explained and it should restore your audio.

    Good luck!
  5. folktastic

    folktastic Private E-2

    That did it!

    Thanks a lot for your help. You guys are doing a real service to the rest of us.

    Thanks again, Mike
  6. dlb

    dlb MajorGeek

    :highfive Glad I could help! :-D

Share This Page

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds