My son used my laptop and installed something. Taskmanager became unavailable (I turned is back on from registry) Periodically, iexplore.exe would launch in the background (non-visible) and play various weird sounds and try to connect to various websites. While all this was happening, the computer would be mostly unusable as iexplore used up all the CPU. I know whatever was installed was done on 2/26. I searched for strange files with that date and removed them. Installed Sunbelt Kerio Firewall so I could see what was happening and control things. Ran HijackThis, Spybot, ccleaner, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal, F-secure. Things got much better. However, I've been monitoring and I see that iexplore still starts up in the background occassionally. I doesn't use up the cpu like before but I can see that it is still hitting various web sites like cookingluck.com, network.upl.cz and others. I suspect that something is still there. I ran through the basic steps posted here: ccleaner SuperSpyware Combofix MGtools I have the logs.