IObit Driver Booster and Wins Device Manager...

Discussion in 'Software' started by melen001, Jul 19, 2015.

1. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

I'm a little confused... When I use Windows Device Manager and verify for updates it informs me that all installed drivers are good and up to date but when I scan with IObit Driver Booster v. 2.4.0.19 it informs me of 4 drivers which need updating. Which should I trust??? I don't want to mess up my PC... does anyone have an answer???

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Firstly, Device Manager uses Windows Update to check for drivers. Never update drivers with Windows Update.

Secondly, get another opinion. Download and install the free DriverEasy.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/drivereasy.html

Thirdly, only update drivers when you have a problem. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

To check for drivers, the best way is to go to the website of the manufacturer of the computer. Input your model and then look over the driver versions and dates and compare to what it is installed.

Unless you have a specific problem, drivers rarely need to be updated.

4. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Okay.. I didn't know that Windows Update is what Device Manager uses. You are correct... if it's not broken why fix it... so that's exactly what I'll do.... thanks for the advice....

5. TsVk

TsVk Private E-2

If your computer is working correctly then your drivers do not need updating. Uninstall IObit driver updater and forget it.

Like Eldon said. "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it".

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds