Just A Suggestion For A Small Section To Be Added To The Majorgeeks Website

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by coover, Jan 28, 2023.

1. coover

coover Private E-2

While many, if not most folks that frequently go to the MajorGeeks website, also go to Windows Update regularly (and if there is an equivalent for Apple, their update website), I am sure too many folks simply forget to go there at all. Updates are important. I realize that many "geeks" do not update their computers immediately and wait until they are certain that the update is not dangerous. Perhaps a link could be added on the main Major Geeks website to a website with a list of recent updates (maybe in the last 30 days) so that those that do wait can check to see what they haven't yet updated. The website would also show if there were any unusual problems caused by the update so that the update could be (or should be) skipped.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You might want to bookmark this site
    https://www.askwoody.com/

Susan Bradley, who has taken over the reigns from Woody Leonhard does a fantastic job going through patches for both Businesses and Home Users. We call her The Patch Lady. I've been a member of that site for years and always waited to patch until I was given the green light.

RexB and DavidGP like this.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Susan a Microsoft MVP if I remember correctly as she was when I was a Microsoft MVP for Windows many years back. SO good one to follow.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes, that's her. She runs a business so she knows how updates work on business computers. She also has a 95 or 96 year old father so she is also up to date on updates on home computers because of her dad and her own computers in her home.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds