laptop wont load black screen

Discussion in 'Software' started by nails223, Nov 27, 2010.

1. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

i have an acer laptop that has windows 7 os and the other day it siad it needed to restart but once it did it come up with a black screen and wont go pass that please could some one tell me how to sort this out i just cant seem to get it to load up at all thank you nails

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Did you try booting into safe mode, usually F8 when booting.

But do post the make and model of your machine for more specific instructions.

3. nails223

nails223 Private E-2

hi thanks for your reply unfortunatly it wont boot up in any mode it is an acer extensa 5235 any help will be gratlly appriciated

4. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

When you say "Black Screen", is it COMPLETELY black, as in no sign of life anywhere on the screen? Also, are there any power lights on when you turn on the laptop?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds