Malware section restricted?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by motc7, May 27, 2009.

1. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Can only certain members reply to threads? Looks like I can start one, but I cannot reply. Is that what is meant by "approved professionals"?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Only members approved for malware removal and admin/mods can post there, reason we changed the policy of anyone replying to malware questions was that it became a mess/confusing when multiple users posted their advice, theories and general "I had this virus" comments, sadly a fair amount of what is posted to aid removal of malware was wrong and could have made matters much worse, with googles advice which may or may not actually fix the users issue and many malwares are uniquely named and located.

Which is why as you will agree its best to have continuity in helping someone remove malware from their PC, especially with malware and being infected is very stressful on the person infected.

Our malware experts are very good at what they do and follow a set of guides and steps to make the removals process as quick and easy as possible, they are very good at this.

So you can start a thread and reply in your own thread but cannot reply to others threads.

If your looking to help in malware then
    Becoming A Malware Forum Helper

3. motc7

Thought so, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem with my user account.

I might take you up on that offer though. Sounds like fun!

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Takes a LOT of time, dedication and work.;)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Your not wrong there augie.

6. motc7

o.k. got some questions after reading that link you provided.

I am not a member on another troubleshooting site, but I am an IT professional with over 10 years experience. Much of that experience is in Malware/Spyware/Virus removal. The recent wave of Vundo comes to mind...oy vey!

So would I be considered an expert based on my work experience, or is it all going to be based strictly on whether or not I have an e-resume? Not being smart alek but just wanting to know cause I would like to help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds