1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini 250GB "no external drive selected"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steeleb, May 19, 2014.

1. steeleb

steeleb Private E-2

Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini 250GB will not backup after pluging it into USB ports I get message no external drive selected. I'm running Vista home premium service pack 2 The last time I used it it worked fine (Plug it in & automatically backs up) It does show in Computer & I can oped it there I tried reinstalling it but I get message like ( newer version allready installed) I checked USB Ports & they are working Attached two pics please...... HELP

Attached Files:

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

This is really a question for Maxtor customer support, since the drive works in windows the drive is fully working as far as my help goes, notice the maxtor helper doesn't detect any drives and you have many connected, I would first try reinstalling and updating the maxtor application, I would also try removing some of the other drives you have connected since there are Five.

Try this, go to control panel, admin tools, computer management , diskmanagement , right click drive and make sure your backup partition is marked as active, since it shows in my computer it should already be.

Right click the drive in computer,properties, security and make sure you have full admin privileges.

3. steeleb

steeleb Private E-2

The partition is marked as active & I do have full admin privileges so I will try reinstalling and updating the maxtor application and then Maxtor customer support
    Thanks for your help

4. steeleb

steeleb Private E-2