McAfee AV Version check from Command Line

Discussion in 'Software' started by UberLemming, Apr 30, 2007.

1. UberLemming

UberLemming Private E-2

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to check the McAfee version and current DAT installed from the command line and output it to a text file?.

thanks in advance,
    Felix.

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Is there a reason why it needs to be from the command line?

3. UberLemming

UberLemming Private E-2

thanks,

Yer, don't laugh but at present our organisation still hasn't managed to get centralised updating working with McAfee so instead relies on the users manually updating from a centralised .dat. I'ts been the same since I joined and that was some years ago, sigh.

I'm in the process of auditing my divisions PC's and installed software etc. so out of interest I want to see who is actually performing the upates or not. I would use the central log with the .Dat but some people choose to update from the we b more frequently, myself included.

thx,
    Felix.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds