mcafee problem HELP

Discussion in 'Software' started by vi3t, Feb 10, 2005.

1. vi3t

vi3t Private E-2

i just d/l mcafee sdat 4427 from this web site and i tried to install it but something is wrong...but thats not the problem..im trying to delete the sdat.exe but it says its in use...i closed my virus scanner and even went into safemode but still nothing

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

This has been happing on and off on the last few Dat updates from McAfee and while I have not found the cause or process that is locking that file from being deleted, I do have a work around.

Download this program as its free MoveOnBoot install it and run, once run click Next > either drag the sDat icon into the box or click the small icon at the end with ... and browse for the file ( draging and dropping is easier )

Then click Next and choose Delete File > Next > Start > Reboot and file will be gone.

sorry its not an easy delete but best i've come up with as I thiunk this is a Mcafee issue with their dat as its been random on the last 5 or 6 dats I have downloaded.

3. vi3t

vi3t Private E-2

hey thanks props to you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds