MCP61PM-HM motherboard drivers win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by james_ryan02, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james_ryan02

james_ryan02 Private E-2

Hi David. Long time.

I recently got a new graphics card and still have the same problem. The computer is now back to the same stage of not loading past the inital windows loading. it simply restarts and trys again, continuously restarting and repeating.

I have tried 2 different HDD to see if that was the problem and still got the same thing. I still remember that the power pack sparked quite bad almost a year ago, as i mentioned in previous posts.

Im suspecting this could be the motherboard, and possibly the power pack as well? The computer also doesn't beep on startup.

What do you suggest?

Thanks again, sorry its been so long, i just haven't had time to sort and fix it till now.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi James

Wow long time indeed.

You could try a new install of Windows on a spare HDD, but its very likely that the PSU and or motherboard are damaged sadly. BUT do try a new clean install of Windows first before going the route of new hardware.

3. Eagle420

Eagle420 Private E-2

Just thought I'd let you guys know,

YOU HAVE BAD CAPACITORS

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news man, but I have 2 motherboards both the same model MCP61HM-PM. One is ok (it had a AMD Athlon X2 5000+ CPU) and the other (AMD Athlon X2 6000+ CPU) which uses another 25w approx for the CPU, is currently fried and unreliable. At best, I'm able to use it briefly after letting the circuitry "warm up" for about an hour... When I boot it cold, It won't even load windows. I've tried:

Updating BIOS
    Changing and testing RAM
    Changing and testing Hard drives
    Adding/removing a PCI-E graphics card
    Changing and testing PSU

All to no avail.

I bought these computers second hand, and for the first couple weeks of use, I was pulling my hair out trying to diagnose the problem... But after some research and closer visual inspection, I can see the capacitors (6.3v, 1800uf) around the CPU, PCI-E slot, and RAM slots are ready to burst! I will be replacing them in approximately a week, and I'm confident it will work just fine - providing I can solder my first set of caps in properly!

The good news is, we've found the problem :cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds