More Tabs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jerry78, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jerry78

Jerry78 Private First Class

My computer jams up/slows down when I have too many windows/tabs open

what do I need to upgrade, so I donthave that issuee, EVER?

I use windows 7 home premium 64 SP1
    8 GB ram
    AMD FX-4130 quad core processor

surf with
    firefox 54.0.1

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Motherboard? HDD/SSD?

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Impossible to achieve.

Did you always have this problem since day 1 with this computer? Have you scanned for malware? What are you using for security?
    Have you cleaned out the clutter with Windows Disk Cleanup or CCleaner? How much free disk space do you have? What do you have starting with Windows?

What happens if you use Chrome or Pale Moon (a great spin off from FF)?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My computers have less RAM than yours, 4GB. FF has been slow for me so that's why I switched to Palemoon in 2014. I can have a dozen or more tabs open and its fine. On the other hand, it takes FF forever just to start up. (I do have it installed as a backup browser but I'm testing replacements because I'll remove it next year). When I have to check something using FF, it is maddening how slow it is compared to Palemoon.

Try Waterfox (64 bit only) or Palemoon, both faster versions of FF. I'd also mention Cyberfox but the developer is closing shop at the end of this year so I uninstalled that. I don't want to get to attached to a browser that may not be maintained.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds