Mouse Just Stops Working Plus Other Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bladewingdragon24, Jan 15, 2018.

1. bladewingdragon24

bladewingdragon24 Private E-2

Hello everyone im having an ugh moment i have a insignia usb mouse and it worked up until two days ago now i have to plug it in unplug it and it will work for a bit then have to do it again windows 7 64 says that there is an issue with it but when i check it says this device is working normally. but now it doesnt show the makers name in property like it did before.

next issue is the browser will become out of focus like i clicked off of it when i never did what could be the cause of that one?

number 3 when i go to restart my computer it restarts like normal says its shutting down then it just hangs and never restarts up but i see th light on the tower at a lose on that one as well.

number 4 when the computer does come back on my scren is all black no background are anything then after a little bit of time it will start to repopulate.

any and all help is greatly needed i have no idea what is wrong sighs thank you everyone

system
    dell inspirion 620
    x64
    i5 2310 8 gigs ram

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I would try sfc /scannow- Eldon produced a nice little version that will put the results on the desktop, so that you can upload it , and we can help you further.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfc_utility.html
    This can fix files , and may solve the problem.
    You could also run CHKDSK /R
    This checks your hard drive, and the R part tells it to attempt repairs, and may take some time, so leave that for now.
    Please indicate the operating system- Windows 10, I presume ?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Mice are cheap. Buy another mouse and use that to see if it is the computer or the mouse with the issue. (It is not worth wasting time fussing with a mouse - concentrate on the other problems).

4. bladewingdragon24

@ baklogic ill run the scan then patse what it says will also do the checkdisk as well and no its windows 7 sorry forgot to add that.
    @ploder yeah mice or cheap but when you try two different mice from two different makers and it does the samething it is something else but thank you both for getting back to me.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Can you do a restore to before these issues occurred?

6. bladewingdragon24

@ timw did the restore but all of them have been erased latest i had was the 13th and after restoring it restarted and said it reset to the 15th and thats all i had left so in otherwords cant go back any farther.
    side note the mouse started working again but the problem has come back of the working and then stopping again warning message pops up and says usb device is not working ive tried two different usb ports same issue with both mice in them but yet my usb keyboard has no issues in either port

7. TimW

8. bladewingdragon24

@TimW ran the fix devices that you suggested but all it found was my wireless card which i had turned off because im wired on my desktop.
    I have done everything on this https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-usb-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working-issue-in-windows-7/
    and nothing works the drivers i got for it windows wont update the mouse and is still set as the default drivers if you uninstall the driver thats there you cant use the mouse and as soon as you unplug and plug back in it still shows the default driver so not sure how to install a driver to a device that doesnt how when not plugged in.
    @baklogic i will have to rerun the program you suggested as for scandisk i picked yes to do it at restart but it never engaged and booted up normally

9. TimW

10. bladewingdragon24

@TimW the tweaking program you suggested seems to have fixed whatever issue it was now im not having any issues with my mouse nor the blackscrens once windows loads to desktop knocks on wood and hopes no more issues thanks so much for your suggestings.

11. TimW

You're welcome. Good luck! :)

12. bladewingdragon24

@ timw sighs the mouse started to do the stop start again last night and its also not restarting it will hang after closing out

13. TimW

Just to be on the safe side, please post in the malware forum after doing the "Read and Run First" instructions. Attach the requested logs and I will see if malware might be the issue.

14. bladewingdragon24

@ timw alright tim ill check it out and repost there as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds