Need Driver Collector/Backup for Win98 PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by PokeyBoy, Jun 19, 2009.

1. PokeyBoy

PokeyBoy Private E-2

I want to do a fresh OS install on an old Win98 PC. I'm not sure I can find drivers for it, so I would like to back up the existing ones before wiping the HD.

I have tried about 4 different driver collector/backup programs, which I downloaded from MG. None of them have worked on this old machine. Everyone has errored out for one reason or another. I can't seem to even get the programs to install, much less run.

Could anyone recommend a free program that might have a chance of running on an old PC? The computer actually runs great, so I don't think it has any hardware or software issues.

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

This is the last free version of a program I've used to collect drivers in 98SE, ME and 2K
    http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page10.html#WinDriversBackup
    You can select all drivers or just non-Microsoft drivers. Best of all, you don't need to install anything if you want to install a missing driver. You point the installer to the folder (on CD or USB drive) where the driver is located.

3. PokeyBoy

PokeyBoy Private E-2

Thanks plodr

I downloaded it and will give it a try tomorrow.:)

4. PokeyBoy

PokeyBoy Private E-2

Hey plodr,

The backup program you recommended worked great. Thanks for the tip.:-D

Doug

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds