Need help with Conexant HD mic driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by MJMurray, Mar 27, 2007.

1. MJMurray

MJMurray Private E-2

I have an HP dv9005us laptop running Win XP (MCE 2005) with Conexant HD audio. The laptop has built-in microphones, but no matter what I do, I can not get either the built-in mic or an external mic to work properly; there is too much background hiss/static to make the recording intelligible.

I've tried all the usual fixes (updating drivers, etc.), and what I have learned is that for some reason there is no "Microphone Boost" option available. Does anyone know how to enable this feature? Is there an older driver that will work?

By the way, this problem is not unique to me. I have found several other users of the HP dv-series and other HP laptops who have the same problem, which is why I don't think it's a hardware issue with my system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds