Network connections folder empty

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jt32199, Jul 12, 2008.

1. jt32199

jt32199 Private E-2

XP Pro, home made computer 3 yrs old, ECS K7S5A motherboard, have disks. Norton, Spy-bot, AVG Free, Ad-Aware. After returning home from a few days gone, I tried to sign in to internet. I have Comcast.net broadband. RCA cable modem. I could not. When this happened before and I solved it by uninstaling my SIS 900 Ethernet adapter. By the way, there was exclaimation marks on both the SIS adapter and the the "Packet scheduler miniport 4". Error message-"This devce is not working propely because Windows cannot load the drivers for this device-[Code
    31].
    1. The SIS 900 Ethernet adapter does reinstall, although it shows up under hidden devices, and the Packet Scheduler
    Miniport 4 still has an exclaimation mark on it. Tried uninstall of miniport #4 but get message "Failed to unistall device. The device may be required to boot up computer"
    2. No problem, I'll put in my XP disk to maybe repair/update driver but then I found out that he CD Rom will not read it. I checked device manager and it
    says both CD Roms are working correctly. All devices are working correctly according to device manager. My e: drive CDRom will read my ATI utilities disk but no other disk at all! My d:will not read anything.
    3. Could I have accidentaly clicked "deny" on Spy-Bot when it came up to allow changes after reboot and this is preventing network from showing??
    4. Comcast tech support had me type some commands in Run box. Can't remember what. I think they dissappeared after that.
    5. This is when I found out my System restore was turned off. 6 months ago I had to remove restore points to remove a problem.:cry
    6.Tried to use Network setup wizard but it said " wizard could not find your network hardware".
    7.Followed Microsoft kb825826. No go. Missing the
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{0000010C-0000-0000-C000-00000000046}. I do have
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{0000010-0000-0000-C000-00000000046} and sub
    componets. Note the missing "c" in the string.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds