Nokia X6 Video format ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by richdio, Apr 11, 2010.

1. richdio

richdio Private First Class

Hi,

well been trying to convert Video to watch on the nokia X6.

What format do i have to convert to ? been trying all morning to get something to play, keep getting no joy will not open the video,
    Have used AVI, Mp4, ipod mp4? still no joy any ideas,

Thanks..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Give the free Videora for the X6 a go HERE, I have not used this one but I have used their converter for the iPhone and it works well.

3. richdio

Thanks for that, downloaded and trying now ! doesnt say what format it converts to though? if it works then that will be great, says x6 but uses nokia 5800 xpressmusic converter. fingers crossed ! only hour to go for the film, is that the norm?
    thanks Halo..
    will report back when finished converting

4. DavidGP

Hi

Yes it takes ages to convert videos, alot of compression going on to get it to the size for the phone, at times your PC specs also determine the speed, so quicker on Quad Core cpus than Dual Cores.

On the file format then http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/X6/

Videora puts them in MPEG-4, H.264 format

5. richdio

hi
    well that didnt work after all that, says invalled clip operation cancelled !!! when transfered to phone ???? will not play can see the file but will not play ! what now?
    thanks

6. DavidGP

Hi

Suprised that didnt work, although I dont know these days the method of transfer from PC to a Nokia phone, last Nokia I had (still have it somewhere) was a N70, have iPhone and HTC HD2 now due to easier transfers.

OK lets try Handbrake, which is a Video converter I do use alot, once installed click Source and locate your video file, untick Keep Aspect Ratio, then next to Anamorphic in the dropdown choose Custom and change the Width to 640 and Height to 352 (see image below) which is by what I just read of the phones specs is the widescreen aspect ratio size.

[​IMG]

7. richdio

Hi, Hallo
    thanks once again trying that program now, just started.
    one thing though it would not let me put the hight in as 352 ! kept changing it back to 284, all the other aspects where as the link so thanks.
    let you know in about two hours !!
    cheers.

8. richdio

Help !!! got audio now BUT no video??? what am i doing wrong?
    anymore ideas ?
    thanks for the help....

9. DavidGP

Hi

What is the format of the original file, is it direct off an original DVD or from a video file, if video file whats its format (extention eg .mpeg .wmv etc)?
    Does this video file play ok on your PC, using Windows Media Player etc?

What Windows version you using also?

Do you have any CODEC packs installed? if you answer that you never heard of them then its likely no.

10. richdio

hi,
    thanks for getting back, well they are AVI files, they play on gom player and wm player ok, have converted some you tube vid;s ages ago to mp4 they play ok on phone, used 'dvdvideosoft' but for some unknown reason when downloading other new vid's they will not play either on phone !!(when converted)
    did use ipod conversion..for them, but nothing will now convert and play on my X6?
    all seems odd.
    getting cheesed of as convertion takes so long only to find out it will not play ?
    Thanks for looking into this for me.
    rich.

Oh the codex packs, only what GOM player has never downloaded any other packs from www.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  11. DavidGP

Hi

What Windows version, just so I can when I get a spare moment I can try an converter out with an AVI in the Windows version you are using, I can install any of them but have albiet in Virtual Machines, XP SP3, Vista SP2, Windows 7 x86 and currently running a default HDD install Windows 7 x64, so can cover most of them.

When you convert them do they play on your PC ok? just curious.

Yes GOM does install alot of CODECs by default, so you should be covered.

Is DVDVideoSoft still installed? if so unsinstall it and then run CCLeaner and its cleaner and registry options (run the registry one until no items are listed for removal).

I'm really suspried Videora didnt work as I just installed their one for my HTC and works great, previously had it for iPhone and iPod Touch and that version also worked ok..... so this si a bit of a mystery, hence removing if noy already the dvdvideosoft app in case it corrupted something.

12. richdio

hi,
    using XP and even tried it on vista still the same will have to uninstall the dvdvideosoft uninstalled all the other software to....will tey dvdsoft again though.
    thanks for the help..

oh sorry will not play on comp gom player cant find the codec for this file !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  13. DavidGP

Hi

Longshot but try installing this codec pack HERE and then try Handbrake again

14. richdio

Hi,
    Just used 3GP ! video converter, it worked but only 15 frames a sec so a bit jumpy in places but was watchable, will try the codec's thanks for the help! still trying ...

15. DavidGP

Hi

Got another one for you to try, completly forgot about this one and I have it installed on my PC as well, but its updated today, so give it a go, download HERE (AnyVideoConverter) we#ll find something that works or die trying!

Couldnt you have bought a decient phone like an iPhone or HTC? just joking ;)

16. richdio

HI,
    well realy big thanks for looking for me, will try that one later today, do i have to uninstall the other programes to,Handbreak etc..

it is a nice phone but looking back should have got one tried and tested !! not be the one of the first to get this x6!! htc/iphone...

Always takes so long, converted my films to avi to save time but now have to convert again!! pain.......once again thanks Halo ...

17. richdio

Hi,
    That one works ok, puts into widescreen ? how do i get it to fill the screen ?
    and it was quick, thanks...
    Rich...........................

18. DavidGP

Hi

No you dont need to uninstall Handbrake etc as they may come in handy one day for movie conversion from say AVI to DVD etc, I have a few installed as some handle better file types better than others, thing is collegues send work videos in werid asss formats sometimes.

To try and set it to full screen, does the X6 video player not have any optiosn for this in its menu? alternatively you could try changing the Frame Size in AnyVideoConverter to Width to 640 and Height to 352 (under video options menu on right side) and just type it into the box as 640x352 which reading the X6 tech specs seems to be its full screen size.

19. richdio

Hi,
    BIG thanks for finding the programe AVC !! works well now, can convert to bigger picture and even a diff format ! but when i did this it took over 3 hours !!!! Better pic though..

so all depends what film or how good a picture i need.. still playing with the program (AVC) to see which is best, but the time it takes !!!!!

Once again thanks for the HELP at last i can put films on to watch,

cheers to the surport

Rich.................

20. DavidGP

Hi Rich

Was one I could have suggested all along as I do use it, just forgot about it thinking of other apps, but at least we/you now have an application that does the job, yes quality does depend on settings and how much space you want to use to get a good picture, with a little trial and error I guess you will find settings that suit you.

You are very welcome

David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds