Notepad++ Text Color Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by HarryPotter, Nov 10, 2017.

1. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Hi! I have a color text issue with Notepad++, namely, in C documents, the keyword color doesn't display. I right-click the color display in the Style Configurator, and the color appears for the rest of the session but not the next session. How do I get the option the stick?

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Only thing that I can think of at the moment - did you put ticks in the "Enable global foreground & background colour" boxes and clicked "Save & Close"? Using the latest v7.5.1?

Edited: Correct mis-spell

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

They must be there because other colors are there. I'll check now[​IMG].

4. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

They both are unchecked.

5. dr.moriarty

They need to be checked and "Saved".

6. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

I checked them and lost all of the syntax-highlighting. It didn't help. :(

7. dr.moriarty

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Heres a screenshot....

Attached Files:

9. dr.moriarty

That's not the same window as my verson.7.5.1 - seen below. Have you referred to the link I gave?

Style Configuratorv7.5.1.png

10. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

I just tried your link and found it unhelpful in my case. My problem is that just C files' keywords aren't keeping the color settings across sessions. I can change the color after right-clicking the color style's foreground color, but the change is lost when I close Notepad++. This is a cosmetic issue, but I like colors. :)

11. dr.moriarty

12. dr.moriarty

I'm out of this thread because I like answers to simple questions such as "What version are you using?" when I'm trying to help. ;)

13. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

I'm using 7.3.3.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds