Nvidia MCP61 Fast Ethernet NIC Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by mardinn, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

When I Downloaded
    Code:
    LAN
    Driver Name 	Nvidia MCP61 Fast Ethernet NIC Driver
    Version 	65.48
    Release Date 	2007/01/30
    Update Description 	-Only support MCP61
    -v 65.48 for Win2000/XP
    -v 65.55 for Vista
    Special Note 	Broadcom AC131
    File Size 	40.5MB
    Support O.S 	Windows 2000 ; Windows XP ; Windows XP 64bit edition ; Windows Vista
    I wanted to install then it says you don't have Hardware/driver... I downloaded from this site

Code:
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?detailid=685&DetailName=Driver&MenuID=1&LanID=0
    I don't know if this will help but look here I got this one

Code:
    GeForce6100SM-M (V1.0/1.0A)  	
    Socket AM2 for AMD Athlon 64 processor
    Please help me I installed now My Sound Driver And Graphic driver But The Only Thing Now I need my Network Driver.
    Is this enough Information Or should i put more??

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Check the BIOS and make sure the on board ethernet has been enabled. If it is enabled and the driver doesn't install correctly, look in the Device Manager and post exactly what is listed under Network Adapters. It might also be helpful if you posted the make and model of your PC and/or motherboard, and which version of Windows you're using. It would also be helpful to post an Everest report:
    (above instructions originally posted by MG member musksnipe... thanks muskie!)

So, do all this stuff and let us know how it goes, and post the info I've asked for, and we'll go from there ;)

3. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

Okay Well I scanned With Everest So Here you go The Raport.

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
    Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
    Report Type Report Wizard
    Computer MOBASHER-A1FD66
    Generator mardinn
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
    Date 2008-08-30
    Time 18:26

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
    Computer Name MOBASHER-A1FD66
    User Name mardinn

Motherboard:
    CPU Type Unknown, 2500 MHz
    Motherboard Name Unknown
    Motherboard Chipset Unknown
    System Memory 896 MB
    BIOS Type Award (03/03/07)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
    Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (512 MB)
    Monitor Dell P780 [17" CRT] (6271RC5ZVZ99)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage:
    IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
    IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
    SCSI/RAID Controller Adaptec AHA-151X/AHA-152X or AIC-6260/AIC-6360 SCSI Host Adapter (non-pnp)
    SCSI/RAID Controller Virtual CloneDrive
    Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
    Disk Drive Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 USB Device (1898 MB, USB)
    Disk Drive Maxtor 7L250S0 (233 GB, IDE)
    Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H22L
    Optical Drive SCSI DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
    SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
    C: (NTFS) 239359 MB (226796 MB free)

Input:
    Keyboard HID Keyboard Device
    Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
    Modem Communications cable between two computers

Peripherals:
    USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
    USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
    USB Device USB Composite Device
    USB Device USB Human Interface Device
    USB Device USB Human Interface Device
    USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

--------[ DMI ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
    Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
    Version 6.00 PG
    Release Date 03/03/2007
    Size 512 KB
    Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
    Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD
    Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, PnP
    Expansion Capabilities ISA, PCI, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
    Universal Unique ID FEFEFEFE-FEFEFEFE-FEFEFEFE-FEFEFEFE
    Wake-Up Type Power Switch

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
    Product NF-MCP61

[ Chassis ]

Chassis Properties:
    Chassis Type Desktop Case

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I posted this earlier:
    And the Everest report should have been attached, and not posted in-line, but that's OK. I looked though the entire report and saw nothing to indicate that the on board ethernet controller is enabled. So, as far as Windows and the motherboard is concerned, there is no ethernet. So, like I mentioned earlier: check the BIOS and make sure the on board ethernet is enabled. If it is enabled, then post exactly what it says in the Device Manager, or attach a screen shot of the Device Manager.

5. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

Ok Just askin how do you do the Bios because I am not that good at computers

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Right when you first turn on the PC, you'll see something that says "Press <Del> for setup" or it might say "Press F2 for BIOS" or something similar. Most motherboards use one of these three keys: F1 or F2 or Del. So press one of those keys repeatedly until you get into the BIOS, then look for a section called 'Integrated Peripherals'. Again, it might not be called this exactly but just look around in the BIOS until you see a setting for the On Board LAN or Integrated NIC (once again, it might be worded differently but you should be able to figure it out). When you find the setting, make sure it is set to On or Enabled. Be sure to save the settings before exiting and restarting the PC.

EDIT: I just downloaded the manual for your motherboard; you need to press Del upon turning on the PC to get into the BIOS. The 4th item on the main menu is Integrated Peripherals; open that menu and the 3rd item is Onboard Devices; open that menu and go down to Onboard Lan and make sure it is set to Enabled. Press the F10 key to save the settings and then exit and the PC should restart automatically. Once Windows loads up, check the Device Manager and make sure that something new is listed under Network Adapters if the New Hardware Wizard doesn't start up. Then install the network driver you've already downloaded.

(upon reading the manual, it appears that the motherboard is available in several configurations, and it actually may not have a built-in ethernet network controller)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  7. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

.... Still doesn't work... But the thing is that It actually worked before I formated my Pc.. But I am Just Askin I have this Microsoft Loopback Adapter. Is that something?

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Can you tell me exactly what is listed in the Device Manager under Network Adapters?

9. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

Well I see Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2.

10. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

That's all? Nothing else? Is there anything anywhere in the Device Manager with a question mark ? or an exclamation point !. If so, please list what it is. If nothing else is listed under Network Adapter, and there's no ?s or !s anywhere in the Device Manager, then I must conclude that the network controller is either still disabled in the BIOS (you said it was enabled) or it's faulty. You could also try going back to the BIOS and using the built-in "Fail-Safe" settings, or use the system defaults. Most BIOSes have a key (like F9 for example) that will set all the BIOS settings to default or a 'fail safe' setting. If your BIOS doesn't have this, use the motherboard jumper (with the PC unplugged) to reset the BIOS. When you power up again, go in and set the date and time ONLY. Then boot into Windows. If it still shows nothing besides the miniport adapter, then all I can say is that it is probably dead. PCI ethernet cards are cheap, less than $25 at any PC store.

11. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

One other thing:
    Be sure that the view for the Device Manager is set to "Show Devices by Type" and that you have "Show hidden devices" disabled. You can check these settings by opening the Device Manager and clicking on View up at the top.

12. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

You are right when I showed the hidden files now it shows:

Direct Parellel
    Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
    Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter #2(with an !)
    WAN Miniport (IP)
    WAN Miniport (IP) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
    WAN Miniport (L2TP)
    WAN Miniport (PPPOE)
    WAN Miniport (PPTP)

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

From what I saw in the report, it looks like the chipset driver has not been installed.
    The chipset driver enables hardware on the motherboard to identified properly.
    Just to simplify things a bit, is this an OEM PC? (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc)
    If it is, it might be easier to search with the actual PC model number.

14. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

no actually my friend build it for me.

15. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

I finaly found the chipset driver I will install it and then I will make another report from Everest Okay?

16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi the Everest report you posted is fine, they dont change if you install another driver or not, all they do is report what hardware you have, if you do post one please attach it in its saved Text file as they are easier to read and scroll down a thread.

If you do install this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.24.html which is for Chipset, Network/Ethernet, SATA, SMBus, then let us know if your network is working and do mantion any yellow ! marks that maybe in Device Manager and what hardware item they are by?

17. mardinn

mardinn Private E-2

Dude I am SOOOO FREAAKIN GRATEFULL My Pc Is just standed there without internet for 4 months then u just give a link and voala INTERNET Works Rly Thanks guys Thank you All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds