Outlook 2003 550 REPLY: 550_SC-004

Discussion in 'Software' started by helpwanted, Apr 8, 2010.

1. helpwanted

helpwanted Private E-2

System XP Home SP3.

Oddest thing. I emailed a hotmail address at 10:40 am yesterday. Went through fine. Composed another email to another hotmail address and sent it off at 10:55 am. That one and all subsequent hotmail addresses and hotmail affiliate addresses are now rejected. Yet I did nothing different. I was typing for those 15 minutes. So what happened within that short window of time?

I can email these same addresses through my on-line service. Cannot through outlook 2003. Doesn't matter which of my email accounts I use as sender in outlook; they're all rejected. :(

Checked with my ISP provider. Got bumped up to level 2 tech support. They mentioned a "possible management console solution" but said they "aren't authorized to go that deep into the pc." I continue to ask, "what happened in those 15 minutes?"

Checked windowslive forum site. 9 pages of requests regarding 550_SC-001/004 over an extended period of time and doesn't appear that they have a solution yet. rolleyes at least it doesn't look like they've posted one. Hoping someone here can help me.

Email Subject: Returned mail: delivery problems encountered
    Permanent Failure: MAIL FROM: <my email address> 550 REPLY: 550_SC-001_Mail_rejected_by_Windows_Live_Hotmail_for_policy_reasons._Reasons_for_rejection_may_be_related_to_content_with_spam-like_characteristics_or_IP/domain_reputation_problems._If_you_are_not_an_email/network_admin_please_contact_your_E-mail/Internet_
    Delivery last attempted at Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:05:15 -0000

detail.txt attached:

Reporting-MTA: dns; isp.att.net
    Arrival-Date: 6 Apr 2010 14:55:02 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822; <recipients email@hotmail.com>
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; (Permanent Failure: Other address status)
    Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:05:15 -0000

2. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

It would appear from the message that your ISP is blocked at HOTMAIL. Who is your ISP (domain)?

3. helpwanted

helpwanted Private E-2

Thanks for reading my thread.

Both email and ISP are ATT. Spoke with a level 2 technician at ATT. He was the one that narrowed it down to outlook. I can email to these same people through ATT's online system. Within those 15 minutes, something changed. Now unable to through outlook 2003. In fact, the email I sent at 10:55 am through outlook was a reply to a hotmail user. Puzzling.... :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds