Pc Occasionally Fails To Find Bootable Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by )V(eTalMan, Sep 17, 2017.

1. )V(eTalMan

)V(eTalMan Private E-2

I am sometimes getting a not boot device found error, When I reset, it boots to windows fine. I don't get the error on every power-on, but it does happens approximately every 5-6 power-ons. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

My specs: Image2.gif

2. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

How old is your main drive.??

This one is the top most possible reason why you are getting this error and that reason is, the corrupted Operating System of your computer, or the corrupted Boot Volume of your Operating System.

To start the process sfc /scannow, you will need to be in the Administrator Command Prompt window. To do this, right-click on the Windows/Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen. Then click ‘Command Prompt (Admin)
    [​IMG]

Then type in sfc /scannow and press Enter to run the application. This needs to be left for around 5-10 minutes to run correctly and outline any issues. If there are no issues the message ‘Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations’ will appear.

Let us know if there are any errors showing up.

While you are in the Command Prompt (Admin) after the scan Type chkdsk /f it i will ask you a question Type Y for yes and reboot.

3. )V(eTalMan

)V(eTalMan Private E-2

The main drive which is the 1TB one is 8 years old, the 3TB I bought last week as a precaution when I started getting the boot error.

sfc /scannow did not find any problems
    chkdsk /f did not produce any error or a report so I don't know if it found any problems.

EDIT: The main drive(1TB) has about 25000+ hours and 800+ boot-ups on it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

I would Recommend on buying a new HDD if it is 8 years old i would start backing up info.

The age of the drive suggest that it could be about to go soon.

6. )V(eTalMan

)V(eTalMan Private E-2

There was nothing relevant in event viewer and the drive passed a test from SeaTools.

@wile e coyote: I already bought a new hard drive because I didn't want to take any chance and lose all my data, it is all backed up on the new drive.

wile e coyote likes this.
  7. Anon-469e6fb48c

I would use the old one as a data back up than.Nothing to strain it too much.

Still sounds like its about ready to go.So don't be surprised.

I am still surprised it lasted 8 years though.The oldest one i have is 15 years.But i only use it as backup data so no real loss there.Could all ways use a flash drive for that option.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds