Please Delete My Account And Info

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by elephantiasis, Jun 3, 2017.

1. elephantiasis

elephantiasis Private E-2

Just checked a website and it says my info was compromised. While I realize it's too late to protect myself, I would still like my information and account removed from this site.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

That was quite a while back and many websites using a version vBulletin had same issue so if your a member of many forums, need to delete your account on all! if you think a hacker wants your data, in reality they dont and it was a potential flaw that was highlighted. If you use same user name as Tim712 and from NYC area, then you have alot of websites to delete your data from!

a copy of text from forum owners on this:

Unfortunately, it has been brought to our attention that there may have been a data breach of our old 3rd party forum software (vBulletin 3.x) someplace around November of 2015.
    According to credible reports, a hacker was able to gain access and export a list which included; user name, registered email and encrypted passwords. Encrypted or not, as a rule you should assume the password is possible to decrypt and protect against it.
    As such we have instituted a policy that will force a password change on all accounts, rendering the old password useless. Our new forums software also allows for two-step authentication of user accounts, if you desire higher security.
    Unfortunately, many people use the same user/password combination at multiple places. So, you should take care to change your passwords on systems which did in fact use the same password you used at the MajorGeeks Forums.
    If you have any questions, please email me (jim at majorgeeks.com) directly.
    Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
    Jim and Tim

We do have new software and security due to the highlight of this flaw and it more secure, but if you want your 6 posts from 2009 and account deleted just reply to this and say yes as glad to delete your account, but we would like to keep you as a member as never know if you'd use the forum again in future.

3. elephantiasis

If you could delete my old posts and change my name that'd be fine, too.

4. DavidGP

Hi

No problems what would you like your user name to be? old posts deleted apart from these, as soon as you give me a new user name I will delete these too.

5. elephantiasis

Thanks! New username: elephantiasis

6. DavidGP

Hi user name changed now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds