Please Help. Lenovo Aio Screen Flickering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john2112, Mar 7, 2020.

1. john2112

john2112 Private E-2

Hello,

my Lenovo Ideacentre Flex 20's screen randomly began to flicker a few days ago. It does so in a pulsing motion at roughly five second intervals consistently (meaning the flicker will last for five seconds and pause for five seconds), with this behavior mainly affecting the top portion of the screen. Upon starting my computer, the flickering only starts once Windows has fully loaded and begins with a small, barely noticeable spasm but after a few minutes progresses into a full blown rhythmic screen wave.

As far as external influences go, my computer was never dropped, hit or had any contact with water. The unit is basically brand new and never moves from my desk. Furthermore, my Ideacentre has never been in contact with any other device or anything with magnetic properties for that matter.

I would love to hear what a tech guy or someone knowledgeable with Lenovo products has to say. Does anyone have experience with this issue or had a similar problem? I'm hoping it might be a software thing... Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

John

2. PCRacer

PCRacer Private E-2

I may have bad news for you, it is your screen, its broken.

Try to set your brightness setting to the lowest value or second lowest. My Samsung has been doing the same thing for the last two months.

It seems to be the power supply on your screen's motherboard. Lowering the power consumption helps to lessen the effect of pausing and flickering/jumping.

A new led screen will cost about the same as a new computer, but try to find a new one on E-bay...

3. john2112

john2112 Private E-2

Thanks for your reply, @PCRacer, but I hope you're wrong. Is there any tests I could do to prove that?

4. Mister Krinkle

Mister Krinkle Private First Class

Restart Windows and go into the BIOS setup. See if the screen does the "flicker, pause, flicker, pause" routine there. If yes, it's definitely a hardware issue. If no, it might be something messed up in Windows, likely the video driver. Run Lenovo System Update and apply the updates that it finds.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

7. john2112

john2112 Private E-2

@Mister Krinkle, I did the test and I'm still getting the same results. I guess there's nothing more I personally can do. Thanks for the help though.

8. john2112

john2112 Private E-2

@baklogic, oddly enough I haven't checked the the user's manual yet so I appreciate the link. I'll give it a read tonight as a sort of a last ditch effort and get back to you guys.

9. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

One other thing, I suggest you try,if nothing else works, is to go into computer management, click on Device manager, -Display driver, and you my find (on mine is Intel HD GRAPHICS, AND NVIDIA GEFORCE)-IF IT HAS ROLL BACK AVAILABLE, TRY ROLL BACK DRIVER,OR,driver update, . Sometimes Windows 10 will update a driver,and it will be a bit incompatable-get drivers from Lenova, if necessary. You can even try uninstalling the graphic drivers, and then updating from Lenova. -Worth a try

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds