Problems with AirGCFG.exe and WZCSLDR2.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by exectechy, Sep 2, 2010.

1. exectechy

exectechy Private E-2

Hello,

I have posted under malware, but now that all the malware has been removed, it has been recommended that I post under "software" or "networking". I'm starting under software.

When booting up this Windows XP SP3 Home Edition computer, its incredibly slow to boot up. And it gives me two warning messages which I have been unable to get rid of. Also, tells me that my internet connection is very poor quality, which it never was before.

1. AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    "The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

2. WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    "The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

Wondering what I can do to get the computer up and running faster, and how to get rid of the error messages. I have all the logs from both user names from my posts in the malware forums if you'd like those, but are those specific to that forum? Is there some kind of testing I should be doing before posting to this forum? Also, at the end, I was advised to uninstall Hijack This, but it never appeared in the list of programs to uninstall it. Where do you get the Hijack This tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you,
    Rebecca

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rebecca

If the malware folk here have given you an all clear we wouldnt really need to see your logs again but for anyone that does they are HERE

What I would do is as those two are linked to a D-Link modem and its drivers, so what version D-Link modem (is it a USB wireless adapter and may have a model code like this one DWL-G122 and the HWversion *on the device will be this info*) do you have as your best bet is to re-install the drivers and software for that model device.

If Hijackthis is not in Add/Remove then its gone already.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  3. exectechy

exectechy Private E-2

Thank you for the advice. Here is the information I found in the device manager profile:

D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter (rev. B) driver version: 5.3.0.46. Driver file details: c:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\A3AB.sys and c:\Windows\system32\DWLInst.dll. According to the hardware device manager this is working properly.

I've used "troubleshoot" to get me to the point where I reinserted the disk that came with that card, and it reinstalls. But the error messages still come up on start up. From the box it says H/W Ver.: A1.

So if I've put that disc in and it ran it does that mean it reinstalled it all? Or are there other steps I should take?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

4. exectechy

exectechy Private E-2

Hello there,

I'm still having the same problems. Not sure if I didn't explain myself correctly or not so I'll try again.

I've reinstalled the software that came with the dlink modem. Still having the same issues. Still getting the same 2 warning messages.

On start up, it boots up to sign on screen fairly quickly. But once you click your user name, it "thinks" for 30 minutes before booting up the desktop screen. Is there some way to figure out what it's thinking about for so long on start up?

Should I be posting in a different section?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. At this point we're ready to try a fresh install using different Windows XP disks, and just putting in our licence key when we get to that stage, will that work or do you need the original disks that came with the computer?

Thanks again,
    Rebecca

5. Broni

Broni Private First Class

Neither file is needed as a startup.

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://majorgeeks.com/Autoruns_d4686.html
    No installation required.
    Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
    Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
    You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

[​IMG]

Attach the file to your next reply.

6. exectechy

exectechy Private E-2

Thank you for your help. The file Autoruns.exe is attached.

Attached Files:

7. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

AFAIK, you should run into no problems with a separate Windows disk, as long as it is valid. You should format and install, so as to avoid any clashes with Windows versions, and to prevent any orphan files.

Have you tried booting to Safe Mode with Networking, see if your symptoms change?

8. Broni

Re-run Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab and UN-check following entries:

+ "ANIWZCS2Service" "ANIWZCS2 launcher for Windows." "Alpha Networks Inc." "c:\program files\ani\aniwzcs2 service\wzcsldr2.exe"
    + "D-Link AirPlus G" "D-Link Wireless LAN Monitor" "D-Link" "c:\program files\d-link\airplus g\airgcfg.exe"

Restart computer.

9. exectechy

exectechy Private E-2

Thank you so much!!!

The error messages are gone, and it's booting up after login "loading personal settings" in 13 minutes now, which is better than before! Is that considered normal time to boot up or should I be looking for other problems this computer might be having?

Our signal quality still says very low. Other computers in the same room record "low" or "good" signals. Is this something I should be concerned with?

Thanks again so much!!! 13 minutes is much better than the half hour it was taking before!

10. Broni

I'm glad to see one issue resolved :)

13 minutes is definitely not normal boot time.

Let's try something....

Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:
    msconfig
    Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

Click on Startup tab.
    Click Disable all
    IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

Click Services tab.
    Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft services
    Click Disable all.

Click OK.
    Restart computer in Normal Mode.

NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.
    If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.

Same slow boot?

11. FaceAche

FaceAche Private E-2

Thanks for this advice Broni, it also fixed the issue that i was having.

I even went to the trouble of replacing my D-Link WiFi card as i was of the understanding that this was a D-Link problem, but that didn't solve it - your advice did.

So thank you sir, thank you very much indeed! :)

12. Josie11

Josie11 Private E-2

You my dear are awesome!! worked for my computer too.... I was having the same issue and changed out the D-Link 3 times before finding this site on my laptop. I refused to dispose of my 2005 office tower computer and now I do not have to :hyper :dancer thank you Broni :wave :heart

13. Grateful1

Grateful1 Private E-2

Awesome Thank You Broni! This was so easy!

Best Regards

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds