proxy and internet server error with game

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whatsamongoose, Nov 17, 2010.

1. whatsamongoose

whatsamongoose Private E-2

a few days ago my computer contracted a malware problem that altered my proxy settings, at the time i thought that thats all the malware did, i just went in and fixed the settings through firefox. then i tried to play WoW via the launcher and it wouldn't let me, so i opened the repair module and it wont let me connect to that either so then i opened the wow.exe and it comes up with an error log but lets me through and until the latest patch came out i could play. but now with the patch out i cant play it since it says that i have to have the patch to play, so i went to battle.net and downloaded the downloader, it wont let me download the patch through this, i went to wow.com and tried to download the patch manually but it wont let me download through the mirror sites. other programs i use that go online give me the same excuse but say they cant recognize the server. one program ( a updater for Microsoft) said it had to do with my firewall settings, so i turned it completely off and tried to redo the update but it gave me the same problem with the firewall even turned off... at this point i booted my computer in safe mode, ran AntiMalware bytes, sophos rootkit, super anti spyware, and AVG. they all found at least one problem, but nothing too bad mostly tracking cookies, but there were 2 trojans... im at a loss and i have no idea what is wrong, ive restarted my router so many times its not funny all i know is that it has something to do my connection? i can access the internet btu any program that doesnt go through my web browser cant find the server, or the proxies are wrong, or there is a firewall in the way... if there is any way you can help i would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

Ive attached screen shots of everything that i have mentioned above

Attached Files:

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I would recommend you follow rustyjacks advice and post in the malware forum with the logs that are requested in the REad and Run First instructions. In the meantime, reset your proxy settings:

Change Proxy Settings.

4. whatsamongoose

whatsamongoose Private E-2

thank you very much for all the help. in the end i was just thoughtless, i changed my proxy to auto detect on my firefox browser but i forgot to change my actual computers internet settings, the malware went in and changed it to proxy setting (my thought is that it was diverted to a hackers proxy setting where he probably key logged me) but ive changed all my passwords and reverted my internet settings to lan line and auto detect. that fixed all the problems that i was having. now i also did what you said and ran the entire forum process. the results were that i found 4 malware hidden in my hiden files and folders but i will post all the logs below. once again thank you very much!

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds