Random Operating Power Decrease

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by whopoopedinmycar, May 1, 2017.

1. whopoopedinmycar

whopoopedinmycar Private E-2

I originally noticed this problem playing league when my Frames Per Second would drop but my connection was fine. I now see nice a random slowdown during everyday computer work.
    (Note that some times of the day my computer runs just fine)

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Version 10.0.14393 build 14393
    Model: Asus Computer- 64 bit- Asus-NotebookSKU

Things Ive done so far
    1. Checked for updates
    2. Updated drivers
    3. Run Malware bytes, cc cleaner and defrag
    4. Increased performance
    5. Disabled Services other then Microsoft functions
    6. Disabled Super fetch
    7. Forgot to say TURNED ON AND OFF LOL

Capture.JPG

Any Tips or insight would be really appreciated. I really don't want to factory reboot. This is the only site i have ever donated to because of the assistance and services it provides.
    Thank you for your time.

2. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

How large is c: and how much freespace is available?
    How large is the page file and is it auto managed?
    Have you checked for outstanding issues in the Administrative Events in the Event Viewer?
    Have you checked for temperature and voltages with something like CPUID HWMonitor?

3. whopoopedinmycar

First thank you for helping me and giving me the opportunity to learn.

Total physical memory 7.89 GB available 5.58GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.14 GB Available 6.71 GB
    Page file space 1.25 GB
    (I pulled this is from system information)

Im not sure how to check if the page file is auto managed and im not sure how to interpret the information given in the event viewer.
    Sorry I'm an amateur :(

4. whopoopedinmycar

Snipped a photo of recent events

Attached Files:

5. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

I must offer a caveat at this time. I don't run Win10. So, I only have general ideas where to find stuff.
    If you left click "start", usually a listing shows with control panel, computer, and other items. Left click computer and you should get a display of
    the drives and their size and what's free. What do you see for c: drive?
    Check your Device Manager to make sure no device is flagged.
    Tell me you don't run more than one realtime anti-virus program at the same time.
    In case you haven't found it, here's where you can get HWMonitor http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/hwmonitor.html
    Here is a handy link to orient you to the Event Viewer http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/
    This concerns me in that maybe something got disabled that shouldn't be. Black Viper used to provide Windows services guides for each OS.
    Unfortunately, his website went down about a year ago. But here is a link to a PDF copy of the guide he made for Win10 Preview
    http://www.gegeek.com/tech_referenc...dows 10 Service Configurations.compressed.pdf
    You might want to use it to check your services.
    Often, fixing hardware issues and ensuring services are running as recommended, will clear up many items that show up in the Event Viewer.
    Some items just come and go at sporadic times. I usually check the Viewer after each restart to see if there is a repeat of items. That's when I start researching them to find out the causes. Your photo has two critical items that might be looked into if they keep repeating. Of course, the
    Viewer is a good tool to refer to after a crash.
    Check the notebook ventilation openings are clear for airflow. Is the fan running okay? Operate on a firm flat surface. Possibly a cleaning might
    be necessary, especially with canned air. Post us a pic of what HWMonitor shows.
    In the morning, others like plodr or Max, will likely be on and they can shed better light on your situation than I have.

Eldon likes this.
  6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

StruldBrug likes this.
  7. whopoopedinmycar

Hey guys Im pretty sure I made a small mess into a big one:(
    Backed up all my important stuff and reset my computer.

Now I have a black screen with a loading swirl and nothing else.

Any tips?

8. whopoopedinmycar

It used to be a windows 8 computer i updated to 10. Now I can't reset restore or repair because the administrator account no longer exists. Am I toast?

9. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

I really don't know. I am not familiar with Win10, let alone a Wn10 reset. Since you chose to make a major change to your system, you're now
    faced with a situation beyond the topic of this thread. I suggest you start a new thread in the Software Forum; e.g. Win10 Reset Problem. Come
    back to this thread after you get your system back up and running, if it is still sluggish as you described here. Sorry I can't help you more at this point.:(

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Why don't you try, instead, a clean fresh reinstall of Windows 10?
    On a different system install and run the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then choose the OS you had, eg Win 10 Home 64 bit, and download it to a BLANK USB drive with at least 6gbs of space.
    You then use that download to do a clean install. It will pick up the OS Product key from the embedded BIOS.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

11. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

When all else fails just reinstall like Max turner says.

Some times to fix a windows ten issues it's best to reinstall it than go threw the headache of trying to fix some thing that microsoft might have messed up during it's windows update processes.Or operator error or mistake.

Windows 10 gives me a headache just looking at it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds