Random Shutdown/restart After W10 Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by the mekanic, Jan 21, 2018.

1. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Even with the automatic restart disabled in advanced settings, the latest windows update has left my machine randomly restarting, or even completely shutting down after the update to 1709. I had to update from Crimson to Adrenalin so the screen resolution would render properly. As soon as I unchecked the auto restart, my desktop icons got lumped on the left side of my screen.

Windows just found an update to my wireless keyboard (I made it look manually for any updates), and so far so good for about 20 minutes. However, not holding my breath. If the need of an updated wireless keyboard driver was causing system restarts, that would be the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds