Ransomware Infections Reported Worldwide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hitest, May 12, 2017.

1. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

In some cars you can use the glovebox as a cooler although that's not big enough for a bag of groceries.

2. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Yes but that did not exist back on the day this woman lived.
    I know someone now who has a Ford Flex with a small refrigerator in the back. How spoiled are we getting with modern conveniences? Car salesman told me one of the most asked questions about interior of a vehicle is how many cup holders does it have.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes it was both so I'm informed by IT folk I know! sadly NHS IT depts are varied and in gov depts at times are slow and reactive over pro-active, so laxes occur. Currently nationally via the closed internal network we have in N3 alot is closed off and locally some NHS trusts have blocked outside 3rd party email accounts from being accessed as it may have been those (gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc) that this came from and not our nhs.uk or nhs.net gov accounts.

Issue in part is NHS runs alot of old software thats from 90s that new OS or browsers dont work with, so updating can be slow, we do need to tell the 3rd party companys to update and force them to update but many managers in NHS do not have stones to do so sadly.

We were ok in this but IT did do a full sweep of all 3K+ PCs on mostly Win7 to double check the patch, we are in process of moving to Win10

4. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Windows 7 was patched as far as i know be for hand.So microsoft knew about it.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Microsoft knew and issues a patch about a month beore these infections, so it was lazy IT depts that did not heed the alert that did go out in our gov dept. The issue with gov depts Wile, is that they are on WSUS enviroment so patches are not auto installed, but tested to see if they will cripple a large network or 3rd party critial software, so can be slow in the Windows version being updated. Looks like this one was one that got away!

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

UPI likes this.
  7. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant has also had to monitor radiation levels manually after its Windows-based sensors were shut down.

Wait a min I though that reactor 4 Chernobyl had a melt down about 26 years ago.

Or is this a new nuclear power plant that they built in the last few years.Have they not learned there lesson about nuclear power that it devastates the surrounding area .

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Reactor #4. That should suggest the existence of at least 3 others.;)

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Eldon likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds