Realtek 8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by toocool_sashi, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toocool_sashi

toocool_sashi Private E-2

Hi, I recently lost all my drivers due to a system crash; and now i cant find the driver for my network adapter anywhere! Ive looked EVERYWHERE! its a realtek 8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Card. can anyone give me one working link from where i can download the drivers???

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Not sure what your OS is but this is the link to the drivers for your ethernet card
    Ethernet Drivers

3. toocool_sashi

Im on winXP. i tried the realtek site, it doesnt work! The realtek site gives drivers for "Realtek Family PCI NIC" but thats not my card. Actually i have two cards, the second one is the family pci card..and that suddenly stopped working 2 days ago..thats why im looking for the drivers for the PCI fast ethernet card. anyway..the download on realtek.com isnt being accepted by my windows! :(

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are these actual cards or is the one your trying to get the driver for onboard the motherboard? either way what is the PCI card/motherboard manufacturer and model version ( not the actual NICs chipset model )?

Reason I ask this as many makers may use Realtek chips but have Realtek customise them for what they want, this makes unified drivers not always work and why you need the actual makers drivers, be it ASUS, Gigabyte etc etc

5. toocool_sashi

Umm..see i have an intel motherboard and i had a Realtek NIC built in(the one that is NOT working now). 2 years ago, i had 2 computers at home and we needed to share 1 net connection so i installed another network card (the card whos drivers i need NOW) so that i could establish a LAN with the other computer. it was then that i bought a Realtek card (the card is of realtek make) and installed it. so yes..i am looking for a driver for hardware which is realtek manufactured. But i do NOT want the "PCI Family 8139/810x NIC"; i want the "PCI Fast Ethernet" card drivers!
    I cant seem to find a working driver ANYWHERE! :(

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. toocool_sashi

Hi! Letter suffixes A/B/C will do. and i tried both the links that u gave me..still not working!! :(

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Are you shutting down your PC after the install and then re-starting it?

9. toocool_sashi

If i get a setup package then i first install the drivers, and then i restart. if i just get the driver files i go to the device manager and try installing the driver from there. till now nothing worked!

10. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

The only thing I can think of is to update your mother board chipset and then retry your PCI driver install. Other than that I'm out of ideas here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds