1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recover Data from Formatted HardDrive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cshd, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cshd

cshd Private E-2

Hi guys,
    well heres the story: My sister brought me a computer to fix for her friend who owns a restaurant. So all i did was an easy fix formatted the hard drive and installed windows. Well i brought it back to the owner and she is very sad that i have deleted all the files on the computer. If i knew she wanted to recover the data i would have installed the hard drive into my computer and backed it up for her but i didn't know.
    Heres the problem: She had a lot of records stored on the computer she needs and I was wondering if there was a way to restore some of her data that i formatted? I am willing to buy the software because i am getting more ppl who ask me to fix their computer. I know that since i installed windows on it, that it is impossible to recover all the formatted data but I think if i just get some she will be happy. I thank you for any help. Thank you.

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Runtime software's get data back seems to work the best for me,

3. cr.Gena

cr.Gena Private First Class

4. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I've used Easy Recovery Pro version 6 in the past.... I don't have a link, but I'm sure a quick Google search will hook you up! Good Luck!

hd2k

5. abri

abri MajorGeek

I like EasyRecovery too. We recovered almost all the data on a reformatted harddrive using their software. I'm not sure how much Pro costs, but they have a number of different tools for different prices. The website is:

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/

abri

6. Doggard

Doggard Private E-2

Can you get a None Windows Mac 0s9.2.2 program?

I was trying to install 10.1 which I just found out was a Beta.... Even if I could Install the SYstem which I could not I still could not Open the Files on the Harddrive that I accidently Erased..... Eny Idea as to how to Recover this Data?