Replying to Posts

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MariusN, Jan 25, 2010.

1. MariusN

MariusN Private E-2

Could someone please tell me if im doing something wrong? I have tried to post replies in some threads (Malware section) but it seems i'm not allowed :confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi. That is the only forum that you can not reply to someone else's thread unless you are authorized to do so. If you are having malware issues, you should start your own thread after performing all steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Welcome to MGs. :)

3. MariusN

MariusN Private E-2

Hi LauraR...Thing is, i'm a Scripter and would like to help some guys. There was a guy looking for a script to remove the ".vir" that Combofix leaves behind. I wanted to know if its extention is "vir" or if its a "vir" AFTER the extention...if you know what i mean...

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Reason we changed the policy of anyone replying to malware questions was that it became a mess/confusing when multiple users posted "I have the same issue" and posted their logs, as you'll likely know no two PCs have the same setup also many posted their advice and a fair amount of it was wrong and could have made matters worse for the original poster whos trying to get rid of malware on their PC.

Which is why as you will agree its best to have continuity in helping someone remove malware from their PC, without distraction from others little snippets of information.

Our malware forum is only staffed by trained members in that area, and the advice is very structured and works exteremely well.

If you are experiencd in malware removal and have time to spare then info here on how to help Becoming A Malware Forum Helper

I will aim our resident Malware expert Chaslang to your post on the malware forum on your CF app.

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi. :)

While we always appreciate any help to those asking for aid, that is just the way we run the Malware Forum here. It insures that only the most knowledgable are giving advice. One expert works a thread and does so until the original poster's problem is solved.

If you are interested, you can take a look at this thread: Becoming A Malware Forum Helper

As it is now though, you will only be able to post replies in the other forums. Help is always appreciated there. :)

6. MariusN

MariusN Private E-2

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds