Roflmfao

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by joffa, Nov 3, 2017.

1. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

legalsuit likes this.
  2. joffa

legalsuit likes this.
  3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

joffa likes this.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Ooops accident. really!!
    Love or hate him his twitter posts are epic.....

5. joffa

No accident David ;) according to the article, it was the person's last day working at Twitter and they wanted a to have a memorable departure :rolleyes:

DavidGP likes this.
  6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Memorable as hell!

joffa likes this.
  7. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

At twitter, yeah, (LOL) it would have been panic stations given it was the POTUS.:cool::D

But I reckon there's a constant panic at the WH with POTUS' twitters alone. So there must've been 10min slot of peace when Twitter went down...so it was probably a huge sigh coming from the WH not a gust of wind that coincided with the down time:p;)

8. joffa

I reckon it was the bystanders that watch his tweets for the lols that reported it down so quickly ;)
    Hmmm...... or maybe it was a slow news day and the media was looking for some attention grabbing headlines............just sayin :rolleyes:

legalsuit likes this.
  9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I think Donald T(Rump) should be barred from "Social" Media altogether and have his lips superglued shut. The frontal labotomy joffa alludes to in his Signature might help some too.

joffa and legalsuit like this.
  10. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Amen to that!

Reckon a frontal lobotomy would probably be an improvement:p...with a gob like trump's, (which he can never keep shut in between his tweets), I doubt the superglue would do the trick:D

11. joffa

LOLZ....he's got such a big mouth you would need a bucket of superglue ;)
    Sadly the Trump will always want social media because he likes to play to an audience and on Twitter he can say things that have not been vetted by his political machine :eek:
    Personally I hope impeachment for him is near but watching from over here it seems there isn't much will over in the US to make him accountable and besides, everything has so much spin, PR and hyperbole that it is hard to sort the true facts from the fiction :rolleyes:

Mind you our PM isn't doing much better but at least he doesn't go saying outrageous things on Twitter :rolleyes:

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Not a fan of freedom of speech huh?

13. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I like that MacDonald's tweets are always news headlines. That way I don't need a twitter account!

14. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Not a fan of consistent lies.

joffa and oma like this.
  15. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

... nor so-called hyperbole... what a crock of $hit!

joffa likes this.
  16. TimW

oma likes this.
  17. oma

oma MajorGeek

... and meanwhile lowering the tax rates for the billionaires/companies and the very rich. In short: the middle class will be subsidizing the shortfall in government revenue by paying the higher taxes (to the ones at the top).

Darn... can't explain it better. :(

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    joffa likes this.
  18. Imandy Mann

I don't know about Trump's base, but if the standard deduction for married goes up I'll save money. My mortgage interest + medical bills aren't enough of my income to use. Never have been. Always been wasted options that other people get.

19. TimW

I don't know how you will be saving money if you are paying 25% of your remaining income in taxes.

20. Imandy Mann

Hadn't seen that I will be paying that. And from the article it seems to be the bill is changing so fast it probably won't go anywhere. Right now I think that by the end of the year I'll be about the same place I was last year. Let you know about Feb 8 when my taxes are done.

21. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Free speech does not require truth.

Lies have been rampant in politics for many years.

22. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Right now, almost 50% of people don't pay any federal income. The top 10% of wage earners pay most of it...

23. oma

oma MajorGeek

24. TimW

25. oma

oma MajorGeek

26. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yeah!

Attached Files:

27. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

From a commentary section of the news... Nice. Commentary = opinion, not always factually based.

28. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

And from your link of commentary about taxes:
    You do realize, corporations don't pay taxes like citizens do. Taxes are a cost of doing business, which is passed down to consumers. So, if you raise the corproate tax rates, the CEO does not give up his fourth vacation house, the people who buy the product simply pay more.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwor...-6-5-good-but-correct-rate-is-0/#5aeb9dcd2469

Forbes, but yes opinion.

29. oma

oma MajorGeek

Attached Files:

30. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

This is a very common fallacy. Lowering taxes most often results in an increase in tax revenue, the 'paying for a tax reduction' defies economics.

Again, commentary, but by a well published Economist:
    http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/williams101817.php3

31. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Ahh, search for it yourself. The truth is out there....

Sorry, bad editing on my part, this was a response to Oma's post #29.

32. TimW

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  33. oma

oma MajorGeek

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...er-major-corporations-paid-negative-tax-rate/

"As billionaire investor Warren Buffett likes to point out, he pays a lower annual tax rate on the tens of millions of dollars he earns than does his secretary, who makes $60,000 a year. It’s an illustration, he says, of how the backward and loophole-ridden the US tax system is."

GE, Exxon, 10 Other Major Corporations Paid Negative Tax Rate

Lots more of useful and true information at above link. Above article was written in 2011.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  34. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Could an Administrator delete Post #34 - I didn't do the corrections in time. Post #35 is the correct one.

Thanks!

Cheers

LS

Couldn't agree more. For a bit of fun, here's an interesting article, which appears to place trump's tweets as being able to predict the future on par with Nostradamus*:

Trumpadamus: how the president's tweets have predicted his own future
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/06/donald-trump-tweets-predictions

* Nostradamus - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

35. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

trump's tweets really needs a filter (or at least someone reviewing/editing before release:rolleyes:) - shown by these (funny) tweets which lose what impact he initially intended:

That’s kind of redundant …
    [​IMG]
    One of Trump’s tweets | Donald J. Trump via Twitter

"Trump’s first order of business after his inauguration was the travel ban, or “Muslim ban.” Yikes. After it was shut down and the U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the block, Trump took to Twitter and said “SEE YOU IN COURT” … to the court. Huh?..."o_O

Coincidence?
    [​IMG]
    One of Donald Trump’s tweets | Donald J. Trump via Twitter

These are the kind of wild conspiracy theories our current president likes to spread. At least Trump eventually found it within himself to “end” claims that Obama is not a native-born citizen, which, according to his version of events, were started by Hillary Clinton. :rolleyes:

The real issues
    [​IMG]

"It would be nice to have a president with some basic understanding of our Constitution, or at least the First Amendment. Flag-burning is constitutionally-protected free speech... ":rolleyes:

Very, very racist
    [​IMG]
    One of Trump’s tweets | Donald J. Trump via Twitter

"There’s not much to say about this one. Not that Trump ever has actual facts to back up his claims, but this is an incredibly racist statement even if you did have reliable stats. When he tweeted this, he was still just a bankrupt business owner and reality TV show host. If only we knew then …"

Sorry losers (is this an apology!?)
    [​IMG]

"Like many of Trump’s tweets, this one would sound immature coming from the mouth of a third-grade bully. But Trump is right — he does have one of the highest IQs recorded in human history, and you can tell because he always has the best words. It’s difficult to admit, but at least Trump has the grace and courtesy to apologize for his unquestionable greatness.":D

This one isn't funny "ha ha"...o_O

[​IMG]

"Given Trump’s history of troubling sexual politics and misogynistic statements (or, as he calls them, “locker room talk”), perhaps it’s not surprising that he assumes that men and women working within the same organization automatically leads to rape.

In a single tweet, he neglects to sympathize with the victims while placing the blame on these governmental “geniuses” that integrated the military, rather than the men actually assaulting their fellow service-members."

Trump’s Worst Tweets (So Far)
    Jeff Rindskopf MORE ARTICLES October 03, 2017
    https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/trumps-worst-tweets-so-far.html/?a=viewall

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds