Runtime error in MSN messenger 7.5

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hege, May 27, 2006.

1. Hege

Hege Private E-2

Hi!

I`m a newbie, and I hope you can help me here. I also want to say thanks for a great site, you have earlier helped me get rid of spyware-thank you so much:)

Well, now I`ve got a new problem. I had to, I think it`s called reboot in english (delete all and make it like it was when I bought it-sorry about my english) my computer, and when I started it again I had the old version of Windows messenger on my computer. I started downloading MSN Messenger 7.5, but I only got a message like this: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error! Program: C:\Programfiler\MSNMessenger\msnmsgr.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call

I have tried to remove the program and install again, with no help. I have also deleted the old version, and I have even tried to download the new betaversion of livemessenger with the same bad result. When I try to use hotmail, it`s also the same message, but as soon as I remove it from the computer, the message is gone and hotmail works fine.

I have also checked my computer for spyware and viruses, so I don`t think that`s the problem.

It seems like the problem is some kind of codec and bugs, but I`m a newbie and have got no idea of how to solve these problem.

My computer is installed with Windows XP home edition, service pack 2, Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.21GHz, 512MB RAM

I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance:)

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. Hege

Hege Private E-2

Hi Steve!

Thanks for helping me. I tried downloading the newest version of directX, but it didn`t help. I hope you`ve got some other ideas. Thanks

Hege

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Make sure you have all your XP updates and then try again.

Steve

6. Hege

Hege Private E-2

Thanks for helping me. I have now downloaded all the updates for windows XP, but it still doesn`t help. I hope you`ve got some other suggestions. :confused: Thanks

7. Hege

Hege Private E-2

Now I`m getting crazy. I have tried to clean my registry and the rest of the machine, with some registry cleaning tools and ccleaner, but it still doesn`t help. Yeah, I also updated my .NET framework. What is the problem? Can someone help me? Thanks

8. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Could be a ram issue popping up it's ugly head ...what do you have and is it being reported correctly?
    Spmething else to consider:
    Are you getting annoying messages such as "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?" or "Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occurred in the script on line 1. Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page?"

There are three reasons why these problems occur. The first is that the web page author made some programming error. The second reason may be that you are running a pop-up killer that closes pop-up windows so fast that the script on the web page fails. The third is that you might have some adware or spyware installed on your computer that opens the script error pop-ups.
    How to disable script and runtime errors
    You can configure Internet Explorer to ignore these script and runtime errors. Please follow this step-by-step guide:

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click on Tools, then on Internet Options.

3. Click on the Advanced tab.

4. Look for the "Disable script debugging" line and put a check mark in the box.

5. Now look for the "Display a notification about every script error" line and remove the check mark in the box.

Still getting script errors?
    If you still get the script or runtime error messages after disabling them in Internet Explorer, the problem might be that you have some unwanted spyware or adware installed on your computer. We recommend that you scan your computer with Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner which seems to be frequently updated. SpyBot is also a great spyware scanner.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Do you have google toolbar installed ....if so uninstall it!!
    1.Go to Start>> Control Panel>> Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Scroll the list until you find "Google toolbar for Internet Explorer".
    3. Remove the program and reboot your system.

10. Hege

Hege Private E-2

Hi Tim!

Thank you so much, I finally fixed the problem.

I did a scan with Spybot, and removed these:
    Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify and
    Windows Security Center.AntivirusDisableNotify

I reinstalled the messenger and it worked.

Thanks for your help, everyone:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds