Samsung SH-S162L DVD Burner Issue with DVD+

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by r8cer x, Aug 16, 2006.

1. r8cer x

r8cer x Private E-2

I bought this DVD burner and put it in my computer as a SLave as the DVD-ROM I took out was pinned that way. I can not get this drive to burn Verbatim DVD+R Lightscribe disks. The burner will scribe the DVD+ disks and burn DVD- (non lightscribe) disks. I installed the Firmware software that came along with Nero. There is a folder with a DOS driver but from what the manual is telling me, that is only supposed to be used if the Burner is going to be in READ only. I even put the Samsung as the master and still no dice.

I use AnyDVD along with Nero 7 to backup. I tried my to burn the DVD+ with my known working Iomega drive without any results either. Iam at a loss. Is it the media the drive or what?

Please help if you can or at least give me some insight.

Running WinXP Home
    Athelon XP 3000+
    2.16 gig
    512 Ram

2. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi, i have a samsung sh-s162a and had a problem burning when i up-dated the firmware, i uninstalled it all
    this might seem a bit daft, i bought another one and did not up-date, i didn't install any drivers just let my os go through its business, now i don't have a problem,
    i tried the first one again and still had the problem so i binned it.
    just letting you know how i resolved my problem

w2k sp4
    nero 7 premium
    samsung sh-s162a set to master

3. r8cer x

r8cer x Private E-2

I got the burner to burn the DVD+ with DVD Xcopy. So now I know its not the burner or media Iam using. Is there a place in Nero that I can change the settings to use DVD+?

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Usually that is taken care of in the firmware of the dvd burner, not heard of nero having this problem, i would suggest uninstalling nero and reinstall. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds