Screen Views Downloading Instead

Discussion in 'Software' started by maglib, Dec 6, 2017.

1. maglib

maglib Private First Class

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

That's weird, didn't do it for me.

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I view it on screen.
    Which browser are you using?

4. maglib

google chrome

5. EJB

EJB Corporal

In Edge the link gives me a blank page.....'can't connect' 'waiting for response'!

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

@maglib This appears to have been an issue with some earlier versions of Edge. What Win 10 version are you on (type winver in Start)

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

maglib uses Google Chrome.

8. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Ah sorry 'bout that. That option 'View Full Screen (PDF)" appears in Edge, from which I assumed, wrongly, it was Edge he was using.

9. maglib

still have the issue and can't figure out why my .pdf automatically download. Is there some type of .pdf rule that I can't find?

10. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

If you have more than 1 program installed to work with pdf's, when the first pop up shows the option to view, select cancel and the next available program may appear as a pop up on the bottom of the screen. I have to cancel 2 different download managers sometimes before Windows' own pop up appears and opens the pdf as expected.

11. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I just had to cancel twice after selecting 'view full.......'. Then I did get the 'open' on bottom of the screen. It gave me a screen about my ublock orgin but I had the full pdf on screen.

12. maglib

13. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

What happens when you use a different browser?

14. maglib

do you have a good reader you reccommend that I should download. I can change it to word I guess.

15. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

I have no problems viewing rather than downloading .pdfs using Pale Moon and Foxit Reader.

16. maglib

I figured it out finally. It was a chrome setting, not set by me??? Settings/advanced/ content settings/ pdf documents/ had to turn off "download pdf files instead of automatically opening them".

Thanks everyone!

17. Geek_Justin

Geek_Justin Corporal

The most frustrating problems have the easiest solutions. We just have to find them. The ones we find by accident are the most fun.

maglib likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds