Should one notify a moderator if not getting help within 3 days?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Beppe, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Beppe

Beppe Private E-2

Hi,

This seems like a great place for getting help when having computer problems. Found it just a couple of days ago.

I have searched the forum but couldn't find the answer to a question I have. 3 days ago I posted in the Malware removal forum about a problem I have. How many days should one wait until getting assistance?. I understand the "helpers" are very busy and work very hard so I didn't want to push my luck by asking any of them directly. At the same time I have seen others post their problems after me and already getting help.

Could it be that my thread got buried so deep that it is practically gone by now (Page 6). I read the sticky in the Malware removal forum and it says one should not bump own threads because then they will get last in line. I think this is a very good practise. One thing that isn't in the sticky though is how long the cue could become (3 days 5 days etc).

PS. Sorry if there are any mispellings. I'm swedish. Also sorry if my post sounds whiny. It's not my intent. I admire the work you guys do on here :clap:clap.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You had a reply 3 days ago to your problem http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=153270

If it is still not resolved and you are having issues related to the original problem, go ahead and add another post to your thread to bring this to the attention of the Malware Fighters.

If it is a totally unrelated new problem then start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

3. Beppe

Beppe Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. I never got help with my original problem. Would it be wrong to make a new thread instead?

4. Beppe

Beppe Private E-2

I'll just go ahead and bump it then. Hopefully someone will take care of it.

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I've caught the thread and will be assisting ...we apologize for the delay.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds