Silent Hill May Be Getting Brought Back By Bloober Team...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SCT Guy, Apr 21, 2022.

1. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Same here. :)

I see that one of Konami's upcoming games had a new trailer put out a few weeks ago...

2. Goddess Bastet

Goddess Bastet First Sergeant

Is that the one which seems to be where players choose the outcome? Somehow this one doesn’t appeal to me. It looks good though.

SCT Guy likes this.
  3. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Yeah. I think what happens is, a scene plays out and viewers just spam in the chat what he or she is to do next, which impacts what happens thereafter.

Since it's a series that's got a singular run, whatever the outcome is becomes canon permanently, I suppose. But eventually, I think they will release it on consoles perhaps, so I don't know.

4. Goddess Bastet

Thanks. Hopefully there’ll be news about SH 2 remake soon.

SCT Guy likes this.
  5. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I hope the next trailer Konami reveals is for this game.

It's surely bound to get an update soon. ;)

6. Goddess Bastet

Fingers crossed for major SH news soon.

SCT Guy likes this.
  7. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

The first trailer they put out came at random. So hopefully there will be the next one soon.

8. Goddess Bastet

There’s a hint from Capcom that Dino Crisis is being remade. I believe they released a cryptic picture of a dinosaur foot from the original game.

SCT Guy likes this.
  9. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

In the second game, Regina was able to escape, but they didn't do a sequel about Regina saving Dylan and his daughter, Paula. They made an unrelated third game, which had stranger looking dinosaurs in space. Always felt wrong of Capcom to abandon the series.

But remakes are the norm today. I hope it will be good....

As for Silent Hill, nobody has heard zip about any of the in development games for months. Well known leaker "Dusk Golem" is going to be giving up on Twitter.

Supposedly, the remake of 2 is coming out early next year.

10. Goddess Bastet

Unfortunately there’s rumours that SH2 has been abandoned by Bloober. I read the same article as those posting the ‘news’ & didn’t see anything pointing to this.

SCT Guy likes this.
  11. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Bloober Team has opted not to make any more psychological horror games, and aim to do more mainstream style games going forward. At least, I think they are done with Layers of Fear type games.

https://www.engadget.com/bloober-te...jR0pHKp8vi1rTP_DhwLS0ATifYn1NWwJ7smbEfr2bg8px

Work on the SH2 remake has concluded. They said a while back they were waiting on Konami to begin the promotion leading up to its release.

12. Goddess Bastet

I suspect they’ll release SH2 around Christmas.

Yes. Nowhere in the article mentions that SH2 is cancelled but as they’re no longer doing psychological horror games it could indicate there’ll be no more SH remakes.

SCT Guy likes this.
  13. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I think it would be cool to have the first game remade properly, due to how old it is. Not like how they did it with Shattered Memories. That was a reimagining where the objective was to explore the town, and run away from the monsters. There wasn't any combat in that game.

Personally, I think it's time to have less remakes. There's been a remake of every horror game to date, I think. But the Alone in the Dark remake looks intriguing.

14. Goddess Bastet

I agree. The original was/is a classic but the graphics are poor by todays comparison.
    Capcom has asked people to vote on their next RE remake & code Veronica is the top. There’s rumours that this will certainly be the next remake.

The AitD demo was lacking & too short to gauge the full game imo. The full game comes with a prequel which I hope is a longer version of the demo.

SCT Guy likes this.
  15. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

They believe CV is a spin off, but I always had this assumption it was the sequel to RE2, just not numbered (besides an 'X' being in the ports).

So either way, it should be remade so fans of the remakes will know how Chris and Claire were reunited. :D

16. Goddess Bastet

True & many fans believe that capcom will not remake spin off games but RECV is very popular so they may make an exception for this.

SCT Guy likes this.
  17. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

18. Goddess Bastet

There’s been nothing shown of the other SH games other than the online one which is worrying.

SCT Guy likes this.
  19. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I know.

Since October, I only know that filming wrapped on the latest movie. The lack of news about the games is making for a boring time on SHC, the forum I go on about the series.

The new RE animated movie Death Island releases next Tuesday, but it's already available online if you are lucky enough to find a link.

20. Goddess Bastet

Hopefully there’ll be more news soon on both the games & the new movie.

No doubt Death Island will be on sale soon after the Cinema release.

SCT Guy likes this.
  21. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Tokyo Game Show is in September, so I hope Konami has some update then. :D

22. Goddess Bastet

Fingers crossed.

SCT Guy likes this.
  23. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I recently came across an article that states every ending is considered to be canon. Although I don't see how this could be true.

They should pick only one, so fans know what the outcome was for James Sunderland.

https://www.ginx.tv/en/silent-hill/2-art-director-confirms-every-ending-is-canon

https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-is-the-most-credible-ending-of-Silent-Hill-2

"In Water" gets my pick, due to a quote from his father Frank in the fourth game regarding how he never came back. He works in the building Henry is trapped inside. I'd go with that one, then. :)

24. Goddess Bastet

Neither do I. Yes I too would say In Water ending is canon.

SCT Guy likes this.
  25. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

:oops:

I still don't think this is really a game. It happens in real time.

26. Goddess Bastet

It’s certainly a weird one. As it’s online & the players choose the outcome I would assume it uses some form of options to actually choose from & the choice which is popular is the one the character ‘plays out’. I can’t see that being popular. Also I can see this being free to download but there be a cost to play (to access the servers?)

SCT Guy likes this.
  27. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Man, some people get touchy over nothing. I may just stop posting on SHC now. It's a quiet, dying breed of site anyway.

https://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&p=2293#p2293

Yeah. I think you basically just find out the platform, come on, and type crap into the chat box. I think it's probably rigged. I don't know how they could take note of all the votes people will be casting to determine the outcome of the person's fate, or whatever it is. It's gimmicky, and nothing like the Team Silent days. If you forget where the roots lay, and bring a franchise back for money, it's gonna show.

28. Goddess Bastet

It would be virtually impossible to collect all the votes then implement the top choice while playing live imo. I would say it what happens in-game will be pre-set.
    People are now commenting on the new RE movie (Death Island) saying it’s terrible but as usual there’s others who’re mocking them for having an opinion which differs from theirs.

SCT Guy likes this.
  29. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I really enjoyed it.

I'd say it was a long overdue teaming-up of most of the longest running characters. :cool:

No news on Konami yet, but I think that Gamescom is set for the last week of August.

30. Goddess Bastet

There’ll always be those ‘fans’ who complain about RE even if the movie/game/show is good.

Fingers crossed there’ll be news soon.

SCT Guy likes this.
  31. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Tokyo Game Show, or we riot. :p

Konami are scheduled to be there.

32. Goddess Bastet

It’ll be surprising if there’s no news at the show.

SCT Guy likes this.
  33. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I think the next movie is coming in April.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest...urn-to-silent-hill-gets-rumored-release-date/

I don't know about any of the games, but I assume the remake of SH2 will drop before the film, as they have a similar storyline revolving around James Sunderland. So I guess Konami would probably want to get the game out first. Although the promotion for it has thus far, been non-existent.

34. Goddess Bastet

I agree as there’s a rumour of a release date of April for the game. It would make sense to capitalise on the film’s release by publishing the game at the same time.

SCT Guy likes this.
  35. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I got a phone, not knowing it is Android ÷.0. :D

That won't help me get out of Silent Hill, I'm sure. :(

LOL.

Goddess Bastet likes this.
  36. Goddess Bastet

As long as it doesn’t emit static you’ll be fine. :D

SCT Guy likes this.
  37. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I meant to say Android 4, or in reality, 6. Having just rechecked the model number.

The light on my phone went out because of the power. So I couldn't see what I was typing. :D

Anyway, Tokyo Game Show begins on the 21st. :)

38. Goddess Bastet

Alone in the Dark has been postponed until January 24. Their reason is that October is the time when many games are released.
    Disappointing to say the least.

SCT Guy likes this.
  39. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I noticed that. I think it's because there's a crowded October in terms of the amount of games being released.

Rather unfortunately, my mum has had her dialysis stopped. I can't go into the matter here, as it's private. There had been funny business going on with the hospice she was going to for much needed respite. They started treating her poorly. Left a wound unattended to which became bad with fluids leaking out, and they had her on a high amount of fentanyl which practically knocked her out. Then they signed a form to stop her dialysis, which my mum did not even agree to.

I went to see her with my sister yesterday. She is not responding. My sister told the nurses she's not impressed with the hospice care staff.

Her dialysis will not be continued. :(

40. Goddess Bastet

Yes, that’s the reason. I would’ve expected that Oct/Halloween would be ideal for a horror game release. I suspect that delay may do more harm than good to the game’s sales.

So sorry to learn that dialysis has been stopped for your Mum. You &/or your sister should’ve been consulted on the decision to stop treatment. Leaving a wound unattended is negligence, I would report that to the Hospice’s manager.
    Unfortunately some care staff don’t seem dedicated to their profession & see it as just another job.

SCT Guy likes this.
  41. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

I think SH2 will be at TGS, as a banner appeared on Steam for several Konami related games.

Due to having a full-time stalker online, I obviously cannot publicly reveal what occurred in real life in regards to my mum. I have to be discreet about my online presence now, more than ever. Although I could start a private conversation, though.

42. Goddess Bastet

I would like to see Oct as a release date due to Halloween but suspect that April 2024 is more accurate a guess.
    Completed RE4Re Separate ways DLC which is excellent for the price - £7.99. S+ all difficulties too. Strangely I found Professional S+ easier than Hardcore S+.

Fully understand. Please feel free to PM me here if possible.

SCT Guy likes this.
  43. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

44. Goddess Bastet

Hopefully there’ll be news of a release date then.

SCT Guy likes this.
  45. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Well, I set up my old PS2 again today. And I wonder what the two USB ports are for...

I don't remember the PS2 having USB type controllers. Unless it's just to charge up an MP3 player, iPad or something. :D

Yeah. I decided to keep specific games. There's a lot of games I am going to take to CeX soon, because I tried them, but I don't feel fussy about keeping a hold of those. ;)

I have the director's cut version of SH2. However, it's missing the great making of featurette that came with the original release inside the cardboard case. :oops:

46. Goddess Bastet

I would expect the ports are for charging the controller.

I miss a number of my old games & the only way I can now play some is to have the top tier of PS +. I do have this but as I don’t play them that often I’m not going to renew, especially as the cost has risen by £20 again. The basic is enough for me.

Hopefully the remake of SH2 will be as good as the original & not missing anything.

SCT Guy likes this.
  47. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

48. Goddess Bastet

The right time for a horror game.

Many fans are ‘still on the fence’ about this game including me as it’s more of an interactive movie imo. I’ve just finished Dark Pictures: Little Hope which is an interactive movie but it’s not really my type of game due to this as the constant decision making took my out of the atmosphere.

SCT Guy likes this.
  49. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Yeah. I'm still waiting on the real news. Basically, news for SH2, "f" or "Townfall."

While "f" looks interesting, the trailers were vague. No gameplay was shown. And Japan doesn't have anything to do with Silent Hill, unless they plan on establishing some connection here.

50. Goddess Bastet

It’s certainly been quiet for F & townfall. I hope they haven’t been dropped.

I’m currently playing ‘The Callisto Protocol’. Enjoyable but I know the reviews weren’t complimentary. Free as part of PS+.

SCT Guy likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds