Thanks To All **techs**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidGP, Aug 26, 2017.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I have to say thanks to all the folks who give their free time to helping others on the forum and in software and hardware as well as out malware gurus, as I pop on the forum not as much as I used too but I find I cannot answer a zero post thread as you all done them already!!!!

So thumbs UP!

I know I'm lax in support as I used to be but well work life is a downer, I do have medical papers published tho as a plus but my heart is in tech, try to mix medical and tech not easy, getting there though.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Any time you give to MGs is appreciated by all David! I know I always like seeing you on here. :)

I second the thanks to all who help!

wile e coyote, hitest and DavidGP like this.
  3. DavidGP

Cheers Laura, I'm not on the forum as much as I want, need to really get my act together and plan time which is this coming weeks challenge!
    But kind of you to say and I try and get on as much as possible.
    Agree to all that help its the kind side of the world we love in those that help others with no stings attached, we just help which is awesome, I just like forums as they dispel in the main boundaries, ethnicity, politics (if we curb that area), we just get on.

This was earlier this year work http://bjo.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/07/bjophthalmol-2016-310074

Next up is a follow on plus a few other papers on other eye topics

Went back in Software and 5 pages back and no zero threads so thanks to all contributors, really appreciated

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    wile e coyote and baklogic like this.
  4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Hello David and Laura. The geeks who help in the Support Forums are great and go above and beyond what anyone could expect from volenteers. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Geeks here have been helpful to me several times.
    Even when I think I know the answer to help someone posting in the forums I know others knowledge here is far above my abilities so I usually let someone else give their advice. I do a lot of reading in the forums and I have learned what little I know by reading the Support Forums and watching the Tutorial Videos provided by Major Attitude. So helpful!

David your research and work in the field of vision is so important. Loss of vision is a scary thing. So thank you!
    Laura you are a faithful and dedicated Administrator so thanks to you!

Long Live Majorgeeks!:)

wile e coyote and DavidGP like this.
  5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks DavidGP.

In your field, less than a month ago, Lanosterol (for dissolving cataracts) WAS available for human use here in the U.S. on Amazon.com (where else?) under the brand name Lanomax® for $99.99 + shipping for a 5 ml vial. I was going to order it yesterday and it's been pulled. Apparently the frakkin' FDA stepped in — AUGHH!

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Looking at the Forum Statistics, I wonder what's the total number of views of all threads? It must run into many millions...
    Millions of people who have been helped free of charge.

BTW I like the subtle changes to the Forum's UI. :cool:

7. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I've been very lax in responding to any S/W or H/W Support for some years now:oops: No excuse in comparison to many others who have their own responsibilities but still take the time to extend a helping hand in the Support Forums.

So I must also say "Thank you!" to you and all of those who assisted me at the times I have turned for immediate help with problems or whenever I've simply shot in and out to look at possible solutions to problems.

Cheers

LS

8. DavidGP

I'm still impressed that we have for a tech forum hardly if any "zero" post threads on any topic.

wile e coyote, legalsuit and baklogic like this.
  9. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Don't believe I've ever seen a "Zero" response...if not a Forum Techo responding, there's always been a member sharing their knowledge which is really nice to see.

DavidGP likes this.
  10. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Compare to some sites like Tom's hardware which has lots and lots of questions that are not answered.

DavidGP likes this.
  11. DavidGP

I know, OK we not have the traffic of Toms but still its a testament to the members we get to all posts, I struggle these days to find a tech thread to answer, hence lack of replies from me these days as you all have covered them and never worth just posting same info and advice to gain postcount (I dont need that). I know we need to be more mainstream but it will come as our tech fixes are awesome and dedication from all and especially malware folk is brill.

12. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Well, this is off topic but, I must report that my sister died on 9/3 and I almost died 3 days later. She died 17 hours after going to the hospital emergency room with unknown ailments. Her kidneys and liver shut down, her blood pressure was 60/30 and they couldn't raise it and they mentioned septic shock.

3 days later I was in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. They managed to get me out of that crisis but couldn't get my sister out of hers. This is the weakest I've ever been following a trip to the hospital and it looks like I've got a long road to complete recovery — if I make it that far.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much or often I can contribute to the forums I belong to.

13. DavidGP

OMG thats sad news mdonah and I say for all of us deep sympathy for you and family! and for you to have issues too, glad you have pulled through..... you will make it, just take your time and if you can get on forums it may help take your mind off things and help, I know distractions help me. BUT you get fit and well.

again sorry for the loss of your sister :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds