the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorre

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spock96, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

This is the error I get when I tried to install Avast on my cousin's computer. The same error message appeared when I tried to install it on my own machine but all I had to do was uninstall and reinstall to get it to work. I gave up with it for my cousin's computer and just used that one that they had installed on their old machine. I want to get rid of Norton on my laptop, but don't want to be left hanging with no AV if I get the same error on my laptop. Anyone have any insight before I do this?
    Thanks,
    Spock96

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Spock96

Re: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is inc

Oh, I didn't even realize I left that part out, oops his was windows 7 professional and my laptop is windows 7 ultimate.
    I'll read through that thanks.

4. Spock96

Re: the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is inc

EDIT:
    I just checked out that link and I had tried that on my cousin's machine and that didn't fix it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds