Trying to install

Discussion in 'Software' started by mor-dan, Sep 14, 2007.

1. mor-dan

mor-dan Private E-2

Greetings. I don't really know a great way to sum up, so here's what's going on:

I installed XP, installed all the updates, and then made a ghost using Acronis. I pulled the driev with the OS on it and put in a fresh empty drive so I could test the image and it worked. Two days later I installed AVir or something like that, along with Comodo firewall and a program called Sandboxie. Less than 24 hours later my system crashed. Acronis will load in safe mode, but the full mode returns a compression error. Since it only loads in safe, I can't access the DVD drive to re-image the hard drive. Not only that, but now when trying to install Windows (XPMC 2005) it gives an error saying that Setup copied a bad image and it won't load about 50 files, which then returns a BSOD with an error about a page file where there isn't supposed to be one.

At any rate, I've tried in stalling to a different drive, the secondary drive I installed it to with the backup image gets to a loading screen and freezes, and I've tried loading with a different CD/DVD drive. Also, being a wits end, I took a shot in the dark and reset CMOS. Anyone have any clues what's going on?

XPMC 2005
    Gigabyte K8NSC-939
    Athlon 64 3500+
    PNY GeForce 6600 128mb
    SB Audigy 2
    Matshita DVD+-RW RAM 9?85
    WD SATA 500GB HD

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Maybe a dumb question, but what happend to the drive with the "original" OS that you imaged from??? Windows XP now can be a real PITA when changing Hardware as the Hardware config files do not match and Windows crashes, your not the first one to have that problem, and I will let those that have offer help there. When imaging a drive, never, never just do it once, I image my drives about once every three months, but if I am going to change/add Hardware I image three times, just to be safe Hope that Helps a little.

Dang where are my manners......Welcome to Major Geeks mor-dan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds