Unable to get a Realtek AC'97 audio driver to work in Windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by TecknoGuy, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TecknoGuy

TecknoGuy Private E-2

Hi, I am new here so I hope I am in the right place to tell you all about my problem.
    So here we go!

I am unable to find a suitable driver for my computer. I have a Compaq Presario R3000AP 3.2 GHz 2.5GB Ram and have upgraded to windows 7 with SP1.

I did a clean install and all the windows 7 drivers were installed and are compatible except for the Realtek AC'97 audio driver.

I downloaded and installed the Realtek AC'97 Codecs from the Realtek website, but unfortunately this was unsuccessful . Then I downloaded and installed the SP29586 Realtek AC'97 Driver version 6.0.1.6305 from the HP website and this was also unsuccessful. Finally I downloaded from the Microsoft website the same Audio Driver version 6.0.1.6305 and installed it but unfortunately again this was unsuccessful.

In the Device manager under Sound, video and game controllers it show below "Realtek AC'97 Audio device", version 6.0.1.6305 but in properties is shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Windows 7 does recognize the sound device, but is unable to completely install it, even though under the "driver file details tab" it show drivers installed in the windows directory.

I understand that Microsoft does not support the Realtek driver, but there must be some kind of fix or even someone out there that is able to rewrite the driver somehow.

Seems a shame to have to get a new computer because of this, as it is very fast with windows 7 even though it is only a Pentium 4.

I have no more options and I am asking for help. PLEASE!
    Danny

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here

3. TecknoGuy

TecknoGuy Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome.

Here are the codes:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_006B103C
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&CC_0401

4. falconattack

Hi my friend , here is the driver you need

http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-AC-97-Driver-Windows-Vista-Windows-7/3000-2120_4-10962344.html

you must save it to C:\Users\Name\Downloads , afterwards you have to follow this

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/193584-device-manager-install-driver.html

go for it :wave

5. mgrabez

mgrabez Private E-2

Hello everyone, I need a driver realtek ac `97 version 5.10.0.6300 for my computer .... I found it the first time someone has put in the form of a file, but now I can not remember who he is or put the name of the file and if a little help from the admin forum at which I was a member of the site as last time or file I downloaded from 17.01.2013 it was ... or if someone can help me to solve the problem

6. falconattack

You can download this

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CPU-Z_d425.html

to go to mainboard tab informing the model of your motherboard even what is your operating system ? Is there any ? in Device Manager menu ? :wave

7. Cornholio

Cornholio Private E-2

i have very similar problem, in xp
    got this in device manager, can someone tell me what driver i need?:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849&REV_02
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_97611849
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&CC_0401

8. falconattack

You can download this

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lo5nyw2utm2/SoundMAX_Audio_V510X6480_XP.zip

to save it , after that you can go to saving path

C:\Documents and Settings\Name\My Documents\Downloads

to run the file , when the process is completed you must restart your system :wave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds