Upgrade questions for a old T1150 emachines pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Terra (Red), Jul 2, 2007.

1. Terra (Red)

Terra (Red) Private E-2

Well basically I wanted to help a friend upgrade his old pc here with a better video card/power supply needed to run it.

His pc is a old T1150 emachines computer with these specs. Some have been upgraded before too. The pc is I believe from late 2001. And yeah I know emachines aren't the best. ^-^;;

1.3Ghz celeron processor
    LM810E motherboard (Couldn't get anymore info from him on this.)
    386MB memory (upgraded from 128MB)
    32MB video card
    120GB HDD

Now the parts I want to use to help him upgrade are:

ICTronics 350W power supply
    e-GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR (PCI Version) video card

Now I know he's got 3 PCI slots on his board, so that part is ok. I'm just trying to see if I can add the power supply to his pc without damaging anything here. And just to be sure, if the board will take the video card.

Also if this does work out, how should I mail something like this? I know about static bags and such. But that's about it. I just wanted to be sure and make sure nothing is damaged in shipping too.

Thanks again ahead of time for the help too! ^-^;;

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds