Welcome And Using This Forum

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by Major Attitude, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

As you might have noticed, there are two forums now for virus, trojan, spyware and malware help.

This forum allows anyone to post and anyone to respond. It is designed primarily for those who are not hardcore geeks and had difficulty, or didn't want to, follow the README FIRST instructions in the other forum.

The other forum uses a specific format to help you find your issues by running specific programs and posting log files. There are a few volunteers and people are helped in the order they post ASAP.

Your mileage may vary with speed and accuracy but either forum will get you fixed up in the end.

If you're here and want to use this forum for public help, we suggest you first scan with Malwarebytes so you can tell us what the results were. Download it at http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/malwarebytes_anti_malware.html

And, here's a tutorial on how to run Malwarebytes 3.x:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. mladynicole

mladynicole Private E-2

Hi, tried using Malwarebytes it came back clean. I am a 70 year old disabled female in So Cal. I was pretty good about 10 years ago with computers. Now due to some minor memory issues I am out of my league and my computer died and I did not have one for over a year. I got a reburnished one from another forum but it's Win 11 and my last computer was Win 8? I cannot find the link for the malware cleaning section that has you download a bunch of programs and then has you run them , attach them and post them. I have looked for over 40 min, LOL. So , could someone please drop me the link. My mom died a year ago May from Covid, my dad died 2 years ago. I have no family here anymore. Thanks for the help and sorry I am so confused. However, I don't have cable and my Kindle and my Computer are what keep me going :) Thank you,sir

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds