well ya see, there was this shaved ewok...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by magical2099, Mar 4, 2010.

1. magical2099

magical2099 Private First Class

hey folks and how are ya? my name is mike and i'm a tech with a 2 year degree in small town Alabama, where you cant get a job without years of experience. kinda like credit ya know, cant get it less ya already got it? anyway i've been using this site for over 2 and half years now, its great stuff and i think yall are a boon to the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the nets (thank goodness bush let it slip we got more than one) and ive decided to improve my skills by any means necessary, and if that means becoming a forum monkey well so be it. be seeing ya around :-D

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

forest moon of Endor, huh?

Welcome to the forums :)

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG magical2099:wave Have a look around, and I am sure you will find something that will interest you. You can post and reply in any thread EXCEPT the Malware thread. that one is off limits to everyone except the Malware Fighters. But don't let that stop you, just check out the other threads, we have Software, Hardware, and others.

If you can help answer some one's question, go for it. Just jump in anytime. As far as the "forum monkey" goes, whatever floats your boat. I never heard the term myself :-D :p You should fit right in. ;) There are a LOT of nice peeps here, so just join in. :)

4. magical2099

yeah when ya get there ya gotta bare left at the chevron and go past the hobo that looks like a wookie (names bob) and about a quarter parsec deeper into where the hell am i and youre there lol. so how do i go about learning some pro malware-ese?

5. Kestrel13!

6. magical2099

Qk so is it cool to just spazz out due to data OD anywhere, or do y'all have a place cordoned off for that?

7. Kestrel13!

Pardon? What exactly are you asking, I'm a little confused. I think you mean is there a place to ask questions regarding learning malware removal. If so, then yes, that would be at the site you decide to train at. Are you already skilled enough that you think you could join us soon?

8. magical2099

Sorry, proprietary regional slang. What I was asking was is there somewhere I can fall down, froth at the mouth, shake uncontrollably, and otherwise show signs of ODing (over-dosing) on data. :-D I've used the site alot, and 98% of my downloads come from here, but to be honest I haven't had time to explore the forum as I should have. Just restating how useful this site is. :drool As for joining the official ranks, I hope soon. I'm definitely gonna give it my best shot :major

9. Kestrel13!

well yes :-D You can absorb info, froth all over your keyboard and shake uncontrollbaly in almost every section of the forum. Lots to learn, ask questions, help others, whatever floats ya boat

10. magical2099

Well, to tell the truth, I don't know. Most of the tech work I've done has been malware removal, and I've yet to have any complaints from the masses of computer illiterate that I've worked for.

I'm going to start one of the training programs listed in the link you gave me, if for no other reason than to find out how much I don't know, but is there any kind of test I can take? I haven't done anything as far as online support, its all been either on-site or in-shop.

11. Kestrel13!

Well if you are already experienced in malware removal then PM Chaslang, he has his own little tests that he set us :-D

Get enrolled as you have done, take your time, see how it goes :)

12. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

[​IMG]
    to MajorGeeks Support Forums, magical2099!!

[​IMG]

13. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

[​IMG]

To the forums ! :wave

14. magical2099

thanks for the warm welcomes folks. will be on and more active come the weekdays (they're my weekends lol)

15. magical2099

GAR!!! can't PM don't have enough posts lol. guess i'll have to get busy before i can take chaslang's tests huh? :major

16. Kestrel13!

Not necessarily. I can pass on a message that you would like to help out. In the meantime whilst waiting for a response you could assist in other areas such as software/networking forums :)

17. magical2099

wow, its always fun to be given very small hints as to how much ya don't know!! :-D joined geeks2go and consequently geekU. gotta say i'm loving it and haven't even gotten started good yet roflmao since the Force is telling me i got a ways to go on malware i think around here i'll stick to helping folks figure out how to burn CDs and such, all the interesting stuff gets jumped on and answered way before i know its there and it gets answered better so i guess its just as well :major

18. Kestrel13!

Keep up your studies Magical!! :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds