Windows 10 Pc Issue On Boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by CG., Dec 5, 2017.

1. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Scan logs posted and seems as if i only have some Junkware and no viruses or Malware.

So at least we know that is not the issue for the lag in my PC. I'm sure it is something to do with Explorer. I might simply reset the PC, sucks as I have to reload all the apps, but it is what it is, if it still has the same issue after resetting, then I'll keep the AIO I got and move on.

2. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Speed.

My desktop and laptop will boot up in less than 22 seconds.My Desktop is a little bit older.So it boots around 30 seconds.All your programs will boot faster.

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-2-5-Inch-SUV400S37-240G/dp/B01FJ4UL2S

It's all so lighter than a platter drive / hard drive.

An SSD does functionally everything a hard drive does, but data is instead stored on interconnected flash memory chips that retain the data even when there's no power present.

So basically it can be the same the difference is access to memory chip which is faster than an older platter drive in which case.It has a header that seeks out the information that is stored on the aluminum disk that are in side.The search times are slower for platter drives.

CG. likes this.
  3. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Well I'l almost sure my issues is related to memory loss, besides the slow response at boot up where it take 10 minutes before I can use the PC, I also notice as an example, if I install like Libre Office, it install, but takes a while before the process starts, then when finally it is installed, I still can't use the PC for like 10 minutes again, and if I go to a word document and right click on it and say open with it has no options and freezes, or if I have a photo and right click on that and say open with, there are no options and freezes the PC again.

Hope I explained it properly for you all to understand what I'm getting at.

This is so frustrating out of nowhere for the past few weeks.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. CG.

CG. Private E-2

6. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Update, I finally set my new AIO up, did do the full sequence of scans, and nothing major was affecting my PC. Followed up with Tim's suggestion to try the tweaking.com app, and ran that for one night. The PC is still having the freezing issues, so once I'm fully done with the new AIO and make sure I have all I need, I will proceed with a full reset and see if it saves the PC.

I'm open to other suggestions in the interim before I do reset.

7. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Here is another example, if I go to open a PDF it takes 5 minutes to open up

8. TimW

9. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

10. CG.

CG. Private E-2

I'll give it a shot and see, I'll report back.

11. CG.

CG. Private E-2

12. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

The site has been down

13. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Got it, finally, site seemed low but it finally downloaded. testing now.

14. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Running for 6 hours and no errors yet. Don't know how long I have to run it, but I'll leave it over night. In the morning I'll test it while using the PC, since I was out most of the day.

15. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Left the Memtest run for 2 days and only used the PC in the morning, for surfing only, all was fine, if I used if to open PDF or word files, it would take forever. Tonight I got home tonight while the memtest was still running, to find out the PC rebooted and was locked again. Now it's slow again and it also created this icon on my desktop too. If I click on task manager it say not responding and the circle blue mouse.

Pic 1.jpg

16. TimW

Well, at least you know your RAM is good. Guess it is time to do the reset.

17. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Yep, that is coming next in the a few days, still curious what that Icon that was created on the desktop is. What that created by the Memtest ??

18. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Update, I will be doing a full reset over the weekend. I'm curious if this will resolve the issue, I hope it does, I will be only using the PC now as a backup, but I was determined to figure out what went wrong and where. I guess some things are just left unsolved, it was not for lack of trying. Still wish I knew where that icon came from, I deleted it and it came back twice on the reboot, LOL

Thanks all for you patience and help, it was greatly appreciated, I did learn along the way. ;)

19. CG.

CG. Private E-2

One last thing, I'm curious if it is worth resetting, as I'm sure it is almost surely related to a memory issue. When the PC freezes and I have to manually shut the PC off holding the power button, on reboot, after being able to finally open the browser, I notice almost every time that the Firefox settings have changed back to default, I have to set up my settings again. All my Addon extensions are also gone and I have to install again.

Wonder if I'm waiting my time resetting ??

20. TimW

Memtest showed your RAM to be good.

CG. likes this.
  21. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Resetting now, will let you know if it resolves the issue. I like having a backup PC in place, LOL I'm sure I'm not the only one.

22. CG.

CG. Private E-2

So far no issues, only had to update the driver for sound, other then that no issues. I'll keep you all posted if any other issues.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds